Once I Was Seven Years Old

Hinata is Fuu, Boruto is Boruto, Naruto is Naruto, Himawari is Anila. (Anila is Fuu and Naruto's daughter to replace Himawari) Anila looks exactly like Fuu but she has whisker scars like Boruto.

Naruto was only seven years old. His brother put the kanji of love on his forehead put it was covered by his goggles. His Tou-san had told them they had the day off. 'Go make yourself some friends or you'll be lonely.' Hiroki had said. Tears flowed down Naruto's face as he swung on the swing.

He wiped them away and saw a butterfly. He chased it around the village. He wasn't paying attention and rammed into a door. He looked around. 'This looks like the Aburame clan house.' Naruto thought to himself. Shibi Aburame opened the door. He was one of the few who believed that Naruto was not the Nine Tailed Beast.

Naruto looked up at Shibi and looked at him fearfully. "I'm sorry for disturbing you." Naruto said quietly. "It is quite alright. Please, come in. I believe my son is the same age as you." Shibi said. Naruto nodded and walked. Though, he was a bit sad. "Why are you sad?" Shibi asked. "I was chasing a butterfly, and I think she got away." Naruto said sadly.

Shibi gazed down at the young boy. He sighed and went into the kitchen. Shibi made jasmine tea and handed it to Naruto. Naruto sipped a bit of it. "This tastes amazing." Naruto said with stars in his eyes. Shibi smiled slightly and then went upstairs. Naruto looked after him confused. He then continued to sip his tea, silently waiting for Shibi to return.

Shibi walked upstairs and went into his son's room. Shino sat in the middle of the floor playing with his bugs. Shibi smiled at the sight. It was rare for Shino to act like a child. It was like a grown man trapped inside a seven year old. Shino turned to his father and stood up. "Yes, Tou-san?" He asked politely. "Come with me, son." Shibi said.

"Okay." Shino said. The two walked downstairs and saw Naruto sitting patiently on the couch, swinging his legs back and forth. Shino hid behind the wall. Shibi chuckled at his son and walked towards Naruto.

"Naruto, do you know of my son, Shino?" Shibi asked. "Yes sir. Although, I haven't talked to him yet. I saw that he was kind of shy. I also saw everyone avoiding him because he has bugs. I don't see what's bad about it, though. I think bugs are cool. Especially butterflies." Naruto said.

Shino's eyes widened. He asked a butterfly to land on Naruto's nose. He watched as Naruto looked at the butterfly in amazement. Shibi looked surprised. 'I didn't ask for that butterfly to land on his nose. Seems like Shino is too shy to confront him.' Shibi thought.

"Shino, you can come out." Shibi said. Shino blushed and walked out slowly. Naruto looked at him and giggled. "Wow. You're really shy." He said. Naruto got up from his seat and looked at Shino.

Shino blushed and turned his head. Naruto pouted and turned Shino's head back towards him. "What are you shy about?" He asked softly. Shino blinked. "I'm not used to socializing." He said quietly. Naruto laughed and held Shino's hands. "Don't worry. Now that I'm here, you will never be an outcast, a loner, or antisocial." Naruto said with a huge smile.

Shino smiled and brought Naruto to his room. They became the best of friends, though they never showed it. Naruto even trusted Shino enough to tell him about his family.

The Aburames have came up with some excuses for the young Uzumaki. They became the Uzumaki's family friend.

------------------------------------------
Moonlight0628

Words: 630