C-Ranked Mission

(Location: Konohagakure; Forest)

"Sasuke, point A."

"Sakura, point B."

"Naruto, point C."

The three Genin were assigned to a D-ranked mission. More specifically, the Catch Tora mission. The one mission that is dreaded by every ninja in the Hidden Leaf. 'I can't believe I am stuck chasing a cat. I would rather be at the Uzumaki Compound drinking tea with Tou-san and Gaa-nii.' Naruto thought. Naruto sighed as he watched Sakura getting scratched by Tora. 

"Mission complete. Let's head back to the Hokage's Tower." Kakashi said. Sakura screeched and she tried to pry the cat off of her. Naruto walked over to her and gently took Tora from her. He held her in his arms, scratching the back of her ears. A soft purring could be heard from the small cat. Naruto looked at his Sensei impassively. "Let's go." Naruto said. Kakashi blinked and walked towards the tower, his students walking behind him.

(Location: Konohagakure; Hokage's Tower)

Team Seven stood in front of the Hokage, Iruka, and a woman who asked for them to catch Tora. Naruto handed the cat to her owner. The Genin watched in sympathy as they watched Tora getting strangled. 'Now I see why she ran away.' Sakura thought. 'That poor thing. I wish I could save her. Tou-san would love someone to keep him company while Gaa-nii and I are away. Wait, that's it.' Naruto thought. 

As Naruto blanked out, Lord Third looked at him concerned. The Third knew he wouldn't be able to hear him, so he turned to Kakashi. "Kakashi, has Naruto done anything unusual?" Lord Third asked. "As a matter of fact, he has. Naruto was suppose to be dead last. And, by the way he was fighting, he should've been Rookie of the Year. I'll admit, he fights well. He even got the bells from me. I also had to go full out. And I believe he was holding back." Kakashi concluded. "By how much?" Lord Third asked.

"By a lot." Kakashi said, eyes narrowed at the blonde. Naruto's eyes were a pale blue, his face was void of any emotion. Naruto blinked, his eyes returning to its normal color. He held his head and looked around a bit. "Oji-san, what animals would you prefer for an Uzumaki?" Naruto asked. Lord Third thought for a second. "I would suggest a bunny, fox, or a raccoon. Why do you ask?" Lord Third asked. Panic spread across Naruto's normal blank face. 

"Uh, n-nothing. Don't worry about it." Naruto stuttered. He cursed himself for stuttering. Lord Third looked at him suspiciously. "You may choose your next D-rank mission." Lord Third read off of a list. Naruto looked agitated. 'I could beat Oji-san in two seconds while holding back by seventy-five percent. I believe I deserve at least a C-ranked mission.' Naruto thought. Naruto sighed as he saw everyone looking at him. "I said that out loud, didn't I?" He asked. They nodded. 

"Look, Oji-san, can we please get a C-rank? I understand that these missions are for us to get better at teamwork, but these are too easy. Sasuke is Rookie of the Year, Sakura is Top Kunoichi, and Kakashi-sensei is the best Jounin in Konoha. We deserve at least one hard mission." Naruto said. Naruto's teammates stared at him. 'Did he just admit that I'm stronger than him?' Sasuke thought. 'Thank you, Naruto.' Sakura thought. 'Naruto, you're the strongest on the team, yet you never said anything about yourself.' Kakashi thought sadly.

Lords Third stared at his adoptive grandson. "Naruto, you just complimented your whole team. Yet, you left yourself out. Why?" He asked. Naruto just shrugged. "I'm the dead last. I don't even deserve to be on the team. I'm just the wink link." Naruto spoke truthfully. Lord Third sighed sadly. "Bring in Tazuna!" He yelled. A man carrying a sake bottle leaned on the door frame. "They are supposed to be my escorts?" Tazuna asked.