Chapter 4: First Solo Assignment.

--- The Next Day... ---

(Y/n)'s POV

"How's your head?" Yukio and a few others looked at me and my bandaged head.

"Umm.... Fine?" I looked at everyone else, only Ryuji wasn't here, "What happened to Ryuji?"

"He might be running late." Konokemaru said as he sat down.

I sighed, "So, is class gonna start?"

"In a moment." Yukio fixed his glasses, "Since you weren't here yesterday, I told everyone that we were going back to Okinawa in two days."

"How come?" I was curious and looked at Rin.

"I was informed that there was an unknown entity roaming around the Kunisaki shrine. This is your test I mentioned yesterday."

"Unknown entity?" Rin looked a bit confused, "So you guys aren't sure if it's a demon?"

"Unfortunately yes..." He sighed.

"The Kunisaki Shrine? That's..." I trailed off while leaning back.

"Oh and (Y/n)?"

"Hmm?" I looked at Yukio. For some reason, he looked nervous about something.

"There was a commotion about some weirdo wandering around campus." Ryuji arrived.

"Weirdo? Can you specify who this 'weirdo' is?" The teacher looked at the late student.

"I think his name was... A.B?"

"A.B? I don't recall having any student named 'A.B'. Are you sure?"

"Why does it matter?"

Okumura sighed and went towards me, "I'd like to speak with you outside... It's about.. your dad."

"Umm...." I looked at Rin as he looked at me, "Alright."

Rin's POV

I watched as my brother and (Y/n) stepped outside.

"I hope it's nothing too serious..." I mumbled then darted my eyes at Bon as he watched my friend step out of the room.

"I... think you should apologize to him.." I heard Konokemaru whisper.

"Yeah, no kid. You're the one who owes an apology to (Y/n)." Shima blurted out.

"I know. I'll do it after class." Bon said. He sounded sincere and looked a bit guilty.

Then Yukio stepped back in, but where was (Y/n)?

"(Y/n) is going to meet us there in Okinawa for reasons."

"Why does he get to go ahead and not us?" I was confused.

"Because he's apparently the only one who manages to get every answer correct on every written quiz and test I give him. Even that one exam I accidentally gave him." He scratched the back of his head, "That was unintentional..."

"But that doesn't exactly explain why though..." Eyebrows looked just as confused as I was.

"Let's just say that this is part of his assignment."

(Y/n)'s POV

I was out of breath when I arrived in front of the dormitory, I tried opening the doors but they were oddly locked. Locked? Why are the doors locked? I looked around to see if there were any keys but there wasn't. So I took a few steps back to check if there were any open windows.

"I always leave my window open..." I scanned the building from bottom to top and found an open window, "If I can't get in through the doors... then I'll just climb." With that, I began climbing.

"Oh my... Are you crazy?" A person stood from below. He looked like he had a white top hat and purple hair.

"Mephisto? Is that you?"

"(Y/n)? Fancy meeting you here but may I ask why.... you're climbing?"

"Oh this? Just trying to get to my room."

"But the doors are unlocked..." He went over and opened the door, only, it wouldn't open then pulled out a key, "You could've just used your key."

"Sorry, don't have one.." I jumped, "HAHAHAH!!!!!" And landed on my two feet.

"Well...." He paused for a bit, "I can get you a key but you have to tell me something first."

"Like what?"

"Why are you treating Rin like he's an ordinary person?"

Why? Why do I treat Rin like any other person?

I couldn't help but smile, "Because he's a lot like me, he knows what it's like to be treated differently. He knows how hard it is." I headed to the door, "Well, I better go start packing."

"Ahh..... you wouldn't happen to be heading to Okinawa, would you?"

"Yes, why?"

"No reason." He said then left, "I wish you the best of luck on your assignment."

"Thanks."

??? POV

"My lord, the young master has been notified and is beginning to get ready."

"Good... Very good indeed."

"Shall I prepare for his arrival?"

"It must be flawless."

"But what about the human priest? What shall I do with him?"

"Kill him."

"Understood, my lord."

The orb went black.

"At long last... I finally get to meet you...."