Chapter 5: Knowing The Unknown. PT. 2

Rin's POV

After rushing out of the dorm, we met with the others at the station and proceeded, I kept noticing Bon looking either sad or he regretted something.

"Like I said the other times." Shura said, "Pipe down. I need to get some sleep..." She then sat down, right next to Shiemi.

--- Meanwhile in Okinawa ---

(Y/n)'s POV

"Gramps?!" I searched everywhere in the shrine but no one was here. I checked his room only to find it empty. Some things seemed out of place like how my room door was always closed and locked.

When I entered the living room, I saw something I shouldn't have seen. Something I thought I'd never see..

No way...

I couldn't take my eyes off of this...

Yama... Hanase... Kikko... Noboru...

I rushed over and checked each of their pulses. There was no beat, their skin was icy-cold but somehow, it remained its color.

They aren't dead... they can't be...

The smiles they always had glued on their faces, that warm feeling they gave, their laughter and how their carefree moments ended up in embarrassing moments. All of these images, these memories... I remembered how I would always play hide and seek when I was little. It would take them up to thirty minutes for them to find me. The best parts of when I was small, was surprising people because in the end they would always smile. But...

I never thought that they would die like this...

I never thought that anyone would wanna kill them...

I never thought that I would lose the people that supported me through thick and thin.

All of this. Is it my fault?

If I never existed then maybe they would still be alive and well, living the carefree life like they wanted.

I was on the brink of letting my tears flow freely.

"I know it hurts to see the familiar faces die on you." I heard Kruele's distorted voice from behind.

From sadness and regret, to anger and wanting revenge, I stood and glared at Kruele.

"I'm here to take you back home." He smiled with open arms.

"This IS my home..." I growled, "You..."

"I see that you're not fully awakened yet." He said.

He held out his hands and flexed it, igniting his hands, "Come home and I'll teach you everything you need to know." Then chuckled, "You wouldn't wanna keep your dad waiting, now would you?"

"WHERE'S MY DAD?!!"

"But at the same time, we wouldn't wanna spoil the surprise..."

He stood up straight and grinned.

Within seconds, a fire started, burning everything inside but it didn't burn Yama, Noboru, Kikko and Nanase, "Let's see what you're made of, young master..."

--- At the station ---

Rin's POV

"Look!" I pointed towards the forest, "There's smoke!"

"It's somewhere in the forest." Bon pointed out the obvious.

Then the ground shook.

"What the..." I looked back at everyone else.

Then within a moment's notice, someone was thrown to me, causing us to hit a nearby pole, denting it. And it hurt, it hurt a lot...

"Rin!" Shiemi ran to me but stopped immediately, for some reason, she looked terrified.

"Isn't that..." I saw Konokemaru's eyes widen.

When I looked at the person who was lying on my lap, I had the same reaction as well.

"(Y-Y/n)..?" I stared at him but he seemed unconscious. His head was bleeding a bit. I never really noticed that his arm was bandaged but that didn't quite worry me. His face looked like it had taken quite a few punches and there was a large blood stain across his back.

"Who the hell did this to him...?" I placed him to my side and unsheathed my katana, igniting myself in blue flames, "WHO DID THIS TO-"

"(Y/n)? Where did you go? There's no way you could've died that easily." A man emerged from a bush. He had no shoes and wore plain shorts and a brown vest with lots of buckles and straps.

"I see that you've brought some friends. How unfortunate..." He sighed, "This changes the plan...."

"Kruele."

I turned my head and saw a levitating man, he was possessed. But which demon was possessing him? It couldn't be Satan, the man's body wasn't engulfed in blue flames nor did it have blue eyes. This demon's eyes were pure blood red and black horns were seen as well as bat like wings. Who was this? Could it be Abaddon? Whomever it was, I can't let it get away for possessing that priest, (Y/n)'s dad.

"I-I can explain this... I n-never really intended for things to go the way-"

"Silence." The man stood up straight as he returned to the ground, "Save the excuses."

"Y-Yes sir..." With that, Kruele bowed and stepped backwards, "I shall leave them in your hands?"

"Return to Hell and await for further orders." He stepped forward towards me and (Y/n).

Kruele had disappeared in the flames that surrounded him.

"Abaddon the Destroyer..." I looked at Yukio as he held his guns, "What business do you have here?"

"I've only come to retrieve something of mine." I knew he was looking at (Y/n), "If you get in my way, I will kill Isamu and you all."

"What has (Y/n) ever done to you?" I spat out, "He's never even met you, so why?"

"That." I watched as tendrils emerged from the possessed priest's back, "Is none of your business. Stand back or die."

"I'd rather die than you to have (Y/n)." I told him and prepared myself to attack then Bon stood next to me.

"He's right. Even if (Y/n) was being a jerk, I can't just stand back and let you do whatever you want to my friend." He scoffed, "Plus, why should we let a demon have his way?"

"Bon's right..." Yukio stood next to me eventually, I was shocked that everyone stood beside me.

"Very well..." Abaddon extended his tendrils and black particles swarmed around him, "You have chosen death." Then shot towards us.