Chapter 5: Knowing the Unknown PT.1

--- The Next Day ---

(Y/n)'s POV

I looked around the crowded people but saw no one I was familiar with in the train.

Then my phone began buzzing.

Then I answered, "Hmm?"

"(Y/n)?" It's my gramps.

"Yeah?"

"Has Yukio told you anything?"

"He only told me that you wanted to see me as soon as possible."

"Where are you now?" He spoke fast. I grew a bit suspicious.

"I'm on the train, why?"

Then there was a long pause.

"Is something wrong?"

No answer

"Gramps?" I started to panic a bit, "Is everything-"

"Of course. It's just... I need to speak with you." I heard his voice come through the phone, making me feel a bit relieved.

"Don't do that again..."

"Sorry, kiddo." He chuckled and hung up.

I looked at my phone confused, "Since when does he call me 'kiddo'?"

--- Meanwhile in Okinawa ---

Normal POV

"You bastard!" The others yelled, "LET HIM GO!!!"

There, in (Y/n)'s room, stood Isamu. His appearance seemed to have slightly resembled to that of a demon, the ears and the razor sharp teeth.

"So... this is what he's been up to all these years..." His chuckle sent ice-cold shivers down everyone's spine.

"LET HAYAKAWA GO!!!" One of the monks charged at the possessed priest.

"Mere humans..." The demon had said, smiling, "This human is my puppet and you all are my pawns.."

He said before flicking his wrist, pinning the others to the wall, "Don't worry, I'll kill you soon."

"W-We won't give in.." A monk said.

"Oh? Your executions will be witnessed by the young master."

"Young master?" Bewildered, the monk looked at the others, "What's he talking about?"

"He's in danger..."

--- In True Cross Academy ---

Rin's POV

"How come (Y/n) has to go on a solo assignment?" I looked from my manga to my studious brother.

"Hayakawa needs to see him."

"How come?"

"I wouldn't know..." He sighed and rubbed his eyes then turned off the lamp, "I think that's enough for today." He stood from his chair and threw himself onto his bed, "Look... I know you like him and-"

"W-What?" I covered my burning face with the manga.

"Come on... You're always concerned for him. You practically go everywhere he goes." He placed his glasses on the desk, "Not to mention the nightly visits..."

"It's not like I can deny my feelings for him..." I closed the book and set it aside, "What do you think would happen if I told him how I feel..?" I stared at the ceiling, worrying that if I choose to confess, he may not accept it.

"I'm not sure..." Yukio said, "I can't predict the outcome for love."

"Of course not..."

--- Late afternoon in Okinawa ---

(Y/n)'s POV

"I think I should let him know I'm here..." I took out my phone and dialed his number.

No one answered.

So I decided to try calling again.

There was no answer.

This is a bit weird... I was a bit confused because usually, he'd pick up immediately whenever someone called, not unless he's partying or real drunk.

Brushing it off, I decided to head to the Kunisaki shrine, where I previously lived.

Upon entering the forest, a man in black stood across from where I was.

"You must be (Y/n) Hayakawa..." His voice was hoarse and almost sounded distorted.

"Yes I am. Who might you be?"

"Oh... how heartbreaking..." He took a few steps closer then threw off the cloak, revealing his appearance. His red spikey hair was the first thing that stood out to me. After studying his appearance, a flame was lit around the two of us. His figure was like any other average older man, he wore a brown vest held together by numerous straps and buckles, his shorts were plain black but he had no shoes.

"The young master doesn't remember me at all..." A hint of sarcasm was easily detected, "Don't you remember me? Kruele?"

"Young master?" Before anything else happened, I remembered that this 'Kruele' guy's voice sounded undeniably like the voice that sent me so much pain, "That voice... It was you?"

"Right you are, I was merely delivering a... gift from your father." He paced back and forth.

"Gift?" I looked at my bandaged arm, "You mean that these black tattoos were-"

"Right you are again!" He cheerfully then immediately looked sad, "Sadly, I won't be spending time with you right now." He turned his back to me and waved, "The real fun begins tonight." Then disappeared along with the fire.

"Real... fun?" I was nervous about what Kruele said about 'Real Fun'. So I rushed back to the shrine.

--- In the Kunisaki Shrine ---

"My lord, he has arrived..." Kruele bowed as the possessed priest made a satisfied look.

"Have you finished your preparations?" He looked at the unconscious monks.

"Yes. I have made sure that everything is in its place for later on..."

"Splendid." He smirked and left the room full of disorganized books and furniture, "Oh and clean up the mess."

"What shall I do with the bodies?"

"Leave them to me."

--- Back in True Cross Academy ---

"I've got good news and bad news." Shura arrived in the dorm room of the Okumura twins.

"What's the bad news?" Yukio sat up.

"There has been a confirmed demon sight at the Kunisaki shrine." She said, "And that demon just so happens to be Abaddon the Destroyer."

"No way..." He got up immediately as well as a very concerned Rin, "If (Y/n) encounters this demon..."

"What's the good news?" Rin asked.

"Your class has been chosen to aid the other exorcists."

"When do we start leaving?"

"Right now."

"Now?"

"Now." She said then left.

"(Y/n)...." Rin took his katana and gripped it tightly, while Yukio looked.

"Hey, (Y/n) should be fine." He said as if he wasn't completely sure.

But his older brother remained silent.

Be careful...