Chapter 7: Lullaby

(Y/n)'s POV:

I slowly opened my eyes and looked around. I'm back at home..?

My window was opened, like I always left it. My duffle bag slightly slumped in the closet. My computer was left exactly the way it was, nothing seemed out if the ordinary except for the dead - silence. Normally, my old man would always holler and laugh louder than a lion's roar. Yeah, he was the out-going and open-minded type yet, no one made a sound, not even the insects and birds. Maybe some thing's wrong with my ears...

I sat up and started wondering about what happened. Let's see... I came back to Okinawa.. And... what else happened? Sighing, I left my room and headed to the living room where I found everyone sitting in silence. Rin, Konokemaru, Ryuji, Shiemi- Everyone. Even Yukio and Shura were there but they didn't move a muscle, I couldn't tell if they were looking at something or just staring out into space.
"Guys?" The moment I spoke, they all turned to look at me in unison.

"You're awake." Shura said plainly, "That's good. At least your injuries are healing."

As she spoke, Rin stood from the couch and headed towards me before placing his hands on my shoulder, "I'm just glad you're okay." And smiled.

"Does anyone... know what happened?" I was a bit nervous because I couldn't remember everything else that happened after I came back to Okinawa, which was a little weird..

"You don't remember?" Shiemi looked a bit worried, "It's probably because of that head injury..."

"Head injury?" I reached for my head and felt bandages. How did I not notice this before..? How did I not notice all these bandages?

"I'll explain it to you, let's go for a walk." Rin led me outside and we proceeded to walk to who knows where.

A Few Hours Later...

After we walked for a while, we headed back to my place.

"So... I was out for a week?"

"Yep.."

"And... you're saying... that I nearly killed myself, trying to save everyone?" 

"Yeah.."

"What was I-"

"HEY RIN!!!" Konokemaru shouted, "WE GOTTA GO!!!"

"GOTCHA!!!" He shouted back, "Everyone's heading back to the academy."

"Alright just let me go get my stuff." I went back inside and searched for my katana but it was nowhere to be found, "Oh no..." Slightly panicking, I looked for my old man but I couldn't find him so I checked outside. Instead of finding him, I ended up in front of the gates of True Cross, "What the-"

I saw Yukio hold a clipboard as he walked towards me, "Are you (Y/n) Hayakawa?"

"What... You already know me, so why are you...?"

"So I take it as a yes." He said in a dull tone, "Come follow me, I will show you to your class."

I did as he told but as confused as I was... He acted like he and I never met. We entered the building and went through the large halls and made some turns around the corner until we were in front of a large door. Yukio opened the door and shoved me in the room, where I saw everyone else.

"Looks like we got another demon kid in the class." Ryuji abruptly said.

"Can't be helped, can it?" Izumo sighed in disappointment as well as Shima and Konokemaru.

"Let's leave it to Rin. He seems a little excited." Shiemi quietly said.

"Another demon? Heh... I look forward to killing you~" Rin said aloud, smirking.

"K-Kill me? But I'm not a-"

"You are, without a doubt, a demon." He interrupted me during mid-sentence, "That smell ain't human, that's for sure."

"What's with you guys? Why are you-" They aren't the people I know, they just can't be.

"Heh... Do you know why you're here?" Shiemi stood as did everyone else. Their piercing gaze shot at me as if I murdered someone.

"What's with that look..?" I slowly backed away. But in a blink of an eye, everything changed. I was no longer in a classroom, it was dark, cold and damp and smelled of rotting flesh. I listened to my shoes echo as I searched for my katana. Torches were lit shortly after, revealing bodies that lay lifeless. Most of their faces were severely mutilated while others had large slashes across their chest and back. But there was one body that was missing a head. So I better not get a head of myself.

"Look at what you've done..." A voice echoed, "Who knew that YOU of all people, would do such a thing."

"SHOW YOURSELF!!" I yelled, having no clue as to what was going on, but I could tell that what comes next, isn't going to be pretty.
A man appeared. He looked like he might be in his thirties and with a lit cigarette in his hand, he grinned.

"I never thought you would do such a thing, to do something so dastardly, one might even call you a 'Monster'. But then again, you are a Monster, afterall."

"What're you blabbing about?" I glared at him.

"Take a gander at was in your hands, mate." He chuckled.

No way...
This can't be real...
I would never....
I could never...

My hands were holding onto something. To my left was my katana, to my right; A head. It wasn't just any head, it was Rin.

This has to be a nightmare...
I would never hurt Rin, let alone kill...

"Denial, typical..."  The man said. Everything went black and before I knew it, I wake up back in my room.

---  With Kruele and  Abaddon ---
Normal POV:

"What's going to happen to-" Kruele avoided eye contact with the demon of destruction.

"(Y/n) will begin to experience a series of his worst fears."

"This process will take some time, won't it?"

"Indeed, a few weeks time."

    ***************************

Thanks for waiting guys. And I hope you enjoyed this.

:)