Chapter 13: The Curse.

"Of all times..." (Y/n) said as he massaged his temples.

"What's wrong?" His familiar asked as he walked alongside the male.

"Headache.."

"For how long?"

"Ever since we broke out of that prison."   He sighed and remembered something important, "By the way, I never had the chance to ask you, but-" (Y/n) lowered his right arm to the demon wolf, "What do these markings mean?"

The demon wolf walked closer and sniffed a few times before sitting down, "Yup, this is definitely poison; A nasty one. It was Abaddon's doing, wasn't it?"

"Probably..." (Y/n) said uncertainly, then started to stumble a bit, "I... kinda feel nauseous and... dizzy.. Lemme just..."

"No, no, no, you need to stay awake."

"...So-" (Y/n) began to take heavy breaths, "I'm gonna die soon."

"Why didn't you show me beforehand?" The wolf stood on its four feet and started pushing him, "Not that it matters now, the only way you can get rid of this... thing, is by the caster himself. How long has this been here?"

"For a while... isn't there..." (Y/n) leaned against the stone - cold wall, "Another way to get rid of it?"

"There is. It's just... I don't think you'll have enough time left, just look at it." He looked at his arm and noticed the black markings spread.

"Just tell me, will ya?"

"Isamu knows something that jackass demon doesn't."

"And... what's that?"

"Your dad has-" Zero stopped immediately before harshly shoving the male into an empty room.

"He has what?"

"Quiet..." Zero peaked through the hole through the wall.

Zero's POV:

Great... just great. I completely forgot how heavily guarded this place was. I watched the two large but deformed guards walk towards the prison chamber. If they find out he's missing...

"We need to move now."

"How?"

"Have you tested out your newly found abilities?"

"Does it look like I've had the time?"

"Well, now's the time."

(Y/n) mumbled something inaudible as he stood up, stumbling a little, and took a deep breath then began concetrating. He looked rather... pale and it seemed like he was sweating too. Was he in pain? Or is he nervous?

He raised his left hand and the door slammed open, dragging in the two demon guards, "(Y/n)? What are you doing?"

"I-I don't know but I'd like to see what's gonna happen next."

He clenched his fist and the demons disintegrated into embers.

"Huh... I wonder what Rin would say about this..."

"Well... at least we know that you can kill." I lightly chuckled, "But you still need to get back to Isamu before your time runs out."

"How will I-" I watched him painfully grasp his right arm as the markings began to spread, "N-Nevermind, let's go..." He said in a strained tone.

"Well, well, well, looks like someone let the stray out of the bag."

"Don't you mean-" (Y/n)'s breathing became heavier, "Cat?"