Chapter 14:

"Dude needs to clean up..."

"I couldn't agree more..." Hanase grumbled, "This environment- It sickens me, the foul smell, and dead rodents; Putrid."

"Really? How come you never said that to my kid's room?" Isamu chuckled.

"Well, his room was rodent free and smelt nothing compared to what we're experiencing as of now." The puppet master replied, "And his room wasn't a complete pigsty, for starters, his books were neatly organized on the shelves but his clothes were... not organized."

"Since when did you care about organization? Wasn't that kinda, like, Kikko's thing?"

The narcissistic exorcist scoffed, "Well, exCUSE me. I only strive to perfect my own appearance, not someone's room but if you think-"

"Shhhh."

"Hey, it's rude to-"

"What do you know about manners?" Yama answered.

"A lot more than you, oh wait-" Kikko sarcastically said, "I forgot I'm talking to a brick wall."

"Yeah, I'm friggin' strong and sturdy, unlike you-"

"Need I to say that brick walls are actually made from a mix of mud and animal shi-"

"I said be quiet...!" Rin harshly said, carefully listening, "Did you guys hear that?"

It soon became silent once more until a few minutes passed.

"Hear what?" Yama scratched his head in confusion, "I don't hear anything."

"Rin, you sure you're hearing something?"

Drip....

Drop....

Drip.......

"Water?"

"Well, we are in a cave dwelling, so it's natural for water droplets to form and-"

"We get it, Noboru."

"Just saying."

"Let's just go, okay?" Yama pushed forward but later came to a stop, "Rin, remember when you heard the dripping sound?"

"Of course, why?"

"That... That wasn't water dripping..." He froze, "I... I found the source of that disgusting smell..."

A bit confused and curious, the others caught up with what Yama saw.

"Wha.... What is this..?"

Piles and piles of bodies lay scrambled across the rugged and uneven ground. Flies flew around the corpses as maggots wriggled around, eating the insides of the unfortunate souls. Dried blood was splattered against the walls and the roof of the cave, but more was spilled on the floor. Each body twisted in a horrifying way, one whose head was facing its back while others' limbs were swirled. Flesh torn, fractured bone pieces poking out of the skin, oh what a sad yet disgusting sight it was...

"Looks like someone got a little carried away while playing twisters." Hanase commented casually as he looked at one of the bodies whose head hung over its upper body.

"These people-" Rin was shocked, "Why are they like this..? They shouldn't be here..."

"Rin."

"What if this is what was gonna happen to (Y/n)?"

"RIN!" Isamu raised his tone, then placed his hand on his shoulder, "I know how you feel, and I get it-" The exorcist said, "But right now, we have to find him."

Sighing, the half-demon nodded.

--- With  Zero ---
Zero's POV:

"Zero~"

His voice echoed through the halls. We hid behind a large and slight deformed column.

"Come on out, you should already know by now."

I looked at (Y/n) as he took heavy breaths.

"Bastard... What does he want again?" He whispered.

"He wants you as his tool of destruction. By doing so, he'll unleash his army of-"

"Demons and try to infect everyone with miasma. So in other words..."

"He's gonna use you to kill your own kind."

He sighed and began thinking, "Well, I won't let that happen." (Y/n) said while standing up.

"Oh, (Y/n)... A young boy who has such talents-" I heard Abbadon's voice grow louder, "Has decided to waste it upon aiding the humans when little does he know what the humans did..."

"Great, more chattering from him..." He said.

"We need to find-"

"Isamu Hayakawa, right?" The demon appeared right behind me.

Normal POV :

With a snap, a portal appeared, pulling the familiar in.

"ZERO!!!" The young male yelled as he dashed towards the familiar, "HANG ON!!" But before he had the chance to do anything, the portal closed, taking his familiar along with it, "Where. Is. He?"

"He's with the other humans, hopefully not dead."

"You-"

"He hasn't told you yet, has he?"

"What are you talking about?"

The demon flexed his hand and in an instant, the boy fell to his knees as an unknown force pushed him down, "Let's have a heart-to-heart."

"I'll KILL YOU!!!!"

"Hahahah.... real funny... real funny."

___________________________________________

I know this chapter wasn't very good.

So yeah. ..............