Chapter 10: Only One Shot

---Flashback---
"No one knows where Abaddon is, huh?" Rin crossed his arms in annoyance and frowned, "Wow... just wow."

"Well, it ain't my fault, that's for sure." Hayakawa sighed as he watched the trees sway back and fourth from his opened window, "But.... I do have a possible guess of where they could be."

"Then spit it out already!"

"Geez kid, have some patience, would ya?"
Hayakawa cleared his throat and began to speak in a low and almost inaudible tone, "Well..."
---Flashback ends---

"Are you sure this is the place?" Bon looked at Shura while they hid behind trees, leaving a fair amount of space between them and the large cave located deep in the forest, presumably the place where Abaddon may be. Along with the class of esquires were groups of professional exorcists, including Yukio.

"Apparently, yes."

"Since we're dealing with a high-class demon, everyone MUST be carefull at ALL TIMES and must NEVER let their guard down when confronted..." Yukio said as everyone listened, "Even if it's (Y/n)..." He said to himself.

"What was that last part? I couldn't really hear it." One of the exorcists asked.

"N-Nothing."

"So what's the plan?" Another asked.

"It's safe to say that since we're dealing with a high-class demon, the entire perimeter must be heavily guarded, maybe even more while on the inside." Hayakawa spoke from behind Rin. To everyone's surprise, they straight up gave him some sort of death-like stare, "T-The hell ya lookin' at me for?"

"...Weren't you still... recovering?" Yukio fixed his glasses, obviously agitated.

"Nah, I feel as fit as a cheetah going after its dinner." The priest said casually, "Besides, this is my son we're talkin' about. As his father, I'm not gonna kick back and eat popcorn while you idiots charge in and get yourselves killed." He scoffed.

"Did you just call us all 'Idiots'?" Suzuki, one of the exorcists, sarcastically asked, "Sorry oldman but no one gets away with-"

He was interrupted when a hand was placed firmly on his shoulder, "You should think twice before threatening one of us." When Suzuki looked behind him, there was a light - brown haired male, about 24 years of age.

"Who the hell are you?" He asked, getting even more angrier.

"Where are your manners?" A dark haired male with glasses asked as he stood next to Yama. Right behind them stood two other men, one with a creepy smile and the other,  combing his blonde short hair into a comb - over.

"Who the hell are these people?!" Suzuki shouted.

"I see you haven't met these four men. Otherwise, you would've shown them much more respect." Shura commented, "This is Yama Amigiri, famous for... lots of things."

"I'll have you know that I've dealt with many high level demons more than you and that dude there combined." The light brown haired man crossed his arms and smirked, "And succeeded. So feel free to challenge me, I'll take you on anywhere, anytime."

"...Yeah. The one standing next to him is Noboru Miyuki, a retired exorcist but previously known for casting the most advanced spells, seals, you name it."

"Scratch off the word 'Retired', if you may." The dark haired male said as he fixed his glasses, "After this little 'Charade', I won't be retired anymore..." He mumbled to himself.

"And I'm Kikko Shimura, like this smart - ass here, I also cast spells-" The blonde male said then quickly took out a pair of guns as if a cowboy, "With these babies. I'm a blacksmith AND a weaponsmith, so feel free to ask for my number, ladies." He said as he smiled then winked, "But careful though, I won't mind being the salt to your wound for those who mistreats women."

"And finally, Hanase Kurosaki, the infamous puppet master."

The man gave another smile that sent shivers down everyone's spines, including Shura herself.

"Now that the introductions are out of the way, let's review what we know." Yukio finally said.

Rin looked at the dark cave and tightly gripped his kurikara.

Hang in there, (Y/n)...

--- With Abaddon and Kruele ---

"The process is nearly complete." Abaddon said, almost in a proud tone, "Soon, humanity will fall." Kruele, on the other hand, remained silent, he only smiled.

"Your excellency, why did you choose this human specifically?" He finally asked, then the demon turned to his servant and laughed.

"That is no human, Kruele. As a matter of fact, he is a weapon of destruction. When the process is complete, we will soon commence Satan's plans."

"Understood."

As they both talked, little did they know they were going to have uninvited guests.

--- With the Exorcists ---

"Listen up: This is an extremely dangerous task, should you encounter any demons of a high level; Do not engage in combat esquires. And for those of you who believe you're strong enough, don't try to be a hero."

As Yukio and two others spoke, Yama, Kikko, Hanase and Noboru stood next to their close friend; Isamu Hayakawa.

"Thought you guys were dead." The priest said, almost as if he wasn't bothered.

"I thought so too." Yama replied while keeping his eyes locked onto Yukio.

"Fortunately, that wasn't the case. It seems that Abaddon did not intend to kill us." Noboru added, "He merely knocked us out. It's possible that he may have used a little bit of his 'magic' to extend our 'K.O' period."

"Isamu Hayakawa will be the leader of Party 2 consisting of: Hanase Kurosaki, Yama Amigiri, Noboru Miyuki and Kikko Shimura."

"I... can't wait to add yet another puppet to my collected." Hanase said quietly.

"I'm just glad that demon didn't ruin my face too badly." Kikko said as he messed with his hair.

"And... don't worry,  we'll get your son back. That's a promise." Yama smiled.

"Alright, and that's the plan. Any questions?" Yukio called out. Everyone readied themselves and nodded in approval, "Good. Party 1 and 2, let's head in. And also..." Yukio sighed, "We only have ONE shot at this. Should you not play your role, you are not only risking your life but everyone else's as well, keep that in mind."

"Not to get sappy, but thanks, you guys are the best." Hayakawa rolled his eyes and mischievously smirked, "Now let's go kick some demon asses."

"Just like the old days, huh?" Noboru gave a slight smile.

"Just like the old days." Kikko said as he checked his ammunition.

"Hell yeah, let's go lay some hate." Yama cheered as he stretched.

"Not 'some hate'. ALL of our hate." Hayakawa commented as he held (Y/n)'s dual katana, "That demon will regret the day he took my son from me."