Chapter 1 : Starting Days

Rippling of water could be heard echoing through the silence in Iwatobi Swimming Club. Lights that hit the waters reflected itself, giving a soothing blue glow with moving waves. A certain black haired youth walked out from the changing room, stepped into the pool area already clad in swimsuit. His hand scooped out some of the chlorined liquid and splash it to himself. Then he settled himself on the starting block, bending over to make a start stance with his hand holding the block.

In his mind, the start signal rang. He immediately jumped and slicing through the water while his mind replaying the scene where he and his friends compete in a relay. His friend with his back stroke first, and then his other friend with breast stroke. He met the turn and kick the wall, again slicing the water with his form.

After that another friend of his in butterfly stroke while he himself swam freestyle. He remembered; how it was his turn and how he accelerated his speed until his hand reached the wall again.

The young boy panted after he finished his lap, leaning to the separator. After he managed to regain his normal breathing, he removed his cap and googles. He shook his head to dry his hair while two hands reached out to him.

He blinked and looked up, meeting the face of his two friends.

"Morning, Haru-chan." Makoto greeted with a smile.

"Morning, Haru." [Name] followed.

Haru furrowed his eyebrows while looking away.

"I told you to stop calling me 'Haru-chan'." He said annoyed.

"Sorry, sorry, Haru." Makoto apologized.

"Come on, we're going to be late for the entrance ceremony." [Name] said.

Haru looked at the two and accept the hands that reached out for him. Makoto and [Name] pulled him out of the pool. After that, waiting outside the changing room.

Haru buttoned up his gakuran uniform and then finding himself moving his neck, clearly uncomfortable with it. He tugged at his collar and looking unpleased. After doing something with it, he opened the door and walked out while Makoto and [Name] turned their head to look at the boy - to find the collar of his gakuran unbuttoned.

"Haru, no... you have to close the collar!" Makoto said as he fixed the uniform, only to have Haru unbuttoned it again.

The brunette sighed as [Name] stepped forward and fixed Haru's uniform. This time the boy seemed to give up. The three then walked out of the SC side by side with [Name] in the middle.

"It's uncomfortable." Haru stated, frowning. Makoto and [Name] chuckled at the respond.

"You'll get used to it soon enough." Makoto said. "[Nickname]-chan too, it's your first time wearing a sailor uniform, right?"

The question earned a nod and a smile from the said girl.

"How about after the entrance ceremony, you unbutton it?" [Name] suggested. Haru's head turned towards her who walked by his left side, his blue eyes glimmered a bit. He clearly likes the idea.

"Don't suggest that, [Nickname]-chan!" exclaimed Makoto receiving a grin from the girl. He sighed.

The three walked under the blooming sakura trees lining up on the left side of the road. Haru looked up, watching bits of pink petals falling down before turning his head to look at Makoto and [Name].

"How did you two know where I was?" he asked.

Makoto and [Name] looked at him before smiling and chuckling.

"We know everything about you, Haru!" Makoto said and Haru's eyes widened a bit.

"...is what we'd like to say." The brunette continued with a disappointed face.

"We actually asked your mother." [Name] added and smiled nervously.

"Oh."

"Haru, [Nickname]-chan, what club are you two going to join? I (boku), ah..." Makoto stopped at his words and then clearing his throat before continuing.

"I'm (ore) still undecided."

Haru looked at the boy questioningly. "'Ore'?"

"What's with the 'ore', Mako-chan?" [Name] asked while raising one of her eyebrows.

"Well, since I'm a middle schooler now, I was thinking that I should start calling myself 'ore' now." He explained while rubbing the back of his head sheepishly.

And then Haru looked away, his face painted in sadness. The black-haired boy the tugged on his uniform collar again to look at it. He clearly wasn't having a slightest pleasure from looking at it. [Name] took a notice about it and looked at Haru.

"Haru," she called. "are you okay?"

Before the boy could answer, a sudden gust of wind blew - startling the three of them. Haru automatically closed his eyes. When he felt that the wind stop blowing harshly, he opened his eyes. His blue orbs caught the sight of many pink petals flying in the air with blue sky as background, he took a breath. Makoto whispered in awe.

"Pretty..." [Name] muttered.

A shadow moving fast and Haru blinked. A bird was flapping its wings as it took off to the pristine blue sky. A feather from it flew down towards Haru. He managed to had it wrapped around his fingers as he kept his gaze towards the sky.

ハイスビード!Free! Starting Days

A/N :

Hey, there readers! It's been so long since I published a fanfic and currently I'm in love with this piece of quality *in tears* So there it is for the first chapter! Hope you like it and enjoy it!

Sorry for the bad grammar, I'm getting rusty with all of those vocabs! Hehehe

Please be patient for the 2nd chapter! Love you all!

- VidaReale