Chapter 4 : Choices

Morning came; bringing sunlight, warmth, and a new start. The brightness also signaling youths to get going and march towards school, where they spend most of their days and to gather knowledge for more guaranteed future. That includes Makoto, who walked out from his home after sending his goodbye to his mother.

He ascended the stone stairs to reach Haru's house, which was not far from his home. When he arrived, he pressed the doorbell – signaling the household they had a visitor. The door slide open, revealing Mrs Nanase.

"Good morning, ma'am." Makoto greeted.

"Good morning, Makoto-kun," the older woman greeted back before calling out to Haru. "Haruka, Makoto-kun is here!"

Haru, on the other hand, stood in front of the mirror and tidied his uniform.

"Hm." And then the young boy climbed downstairs, only to be greeted by his best friend with chocolate hair and green eyes.

"Morning, Haru – ah!" the boy exclaimed in the end when he saw Haru's uniform collar unbuttoned, again.

"Let's go, Makoto." Haru said, ignoring the fact that Makoto saw it.

"Geeze." Makoto sighed in defeat.

The two of them left the Nanase household and climbed the stairs to their next destination; the [Last Name] household. Of course, it didn't even take five minutes to situated themselves in front of [Name]'s house. Makoto rang the doorbell and then greeted by [Name]'s mother.

"Good morning, ma'am." Makoto and Haru greeted at the same time.

"Good morning, Haru-kun, Makoto-kun!" the older woman smiled at the two boys. "[Nickname]-chan! Your friends are here!"

"I'll be right there!" [Name] called out from her room, but it still could be heard by both Haru and Makoto.

Soon enough, the [hair/color]-haired girl ascended the stairs with rather loud thuds accompanied her. While climbing downstairs, [Name] did her ponytail and managed to finish it when she reached the door.

The girl greeted her childhood friends with a smile and turned to her mother who already walked into the kitchen. "Mom, I'm off!"

"Have a nice day and be careful!" her mom called out from the kitchen. [Name] closed the door and adjust her bag straps on her shoulder.

"Morning, Haru, Mako-chan!" [Name] said as they're walking towards the stairs.

"Morning, [Nickname]-chan." Makoto replied the greet with a smile

"Morning, [Name]." While Haru with his usual straight face.

.

.

Physical Education was scheduled for Class 1 and Class 2 today, which was why currently they're gathering at the gym doing a basketball mini match. On the half side of the court, separated by plastic separator to prevent stray balls, the girls were doing gymnastics and floor exercise. Since Class 1 and Class 2 were neighboring class, PE become a combined lesson.

When the ball made a rebound, Asahi immediately had his clutch on hit and moved to keep the ball from the opposing team.

"Nanase! Run!" he called out.

Haru acknowledged it by moving his feet to move closer to Asahi and Makoto, who guarded the boy, followed him. Asahi dribbled the ball and avoid a boy who wanted to steal it

"Over here!" and passed to Kisumi who called out for it. The pink haired boy dribbled the ball, doing a fake, and called out to Haru.

"Nanase-kun!" Haru managed to catch the ball and throw it towards the ring just before Makoto could deter him. The went into the ring and the teacher blew his whistle.