Chapter 6 : Sealing the Deal

Just like what Natsuya messaged to the five of them, they came to the pool in the beginning of the golden week. And like always, Haru, Makoto, and [Name] walked side by side and following their usual route to reached the school.

"Everyone, line up!" Natsuya called out towards his club's members.

"Yes!"

They wasted no time to gather in front of their captain and backing the pool – clad in Iwatobi Swimming Club jacket covering their swimsuits and goggles hanging around their neck.

"Today, we've got some new club members." Natsuya announced as he looked at his club members. "I'm sure the second and third years already know, but there's a practice tournament with Sano Middle School coming up. And then after that, there's a real tournament. The first years will also be participating, so don't slack off!"

"Yes!"

"Now then, these are the new first years." The older boy continued as he looked at Asahi, Ikuya, Makoto, [Name], and Haruka who stood at his right side. "Now, go ahead and introduce yourselves."

Asahi was the first one to stepped forwards. He titled his chin high and blush could be seen blooming on his cheeks, he looked stiff as he introduced himself. "Shiina Asahi! I'm a first year!"

"Hey! We already knew you're a first year." Natsuya teased the poor boy, making his blush deepened while the other club members laughed.

"Ah! Umm... I moved here this spring. I went to a SC where I used to live, and I'm good at butterfly. I plan to become even faster! Nice to meet you!" Asahi finished and bowed as the members clapped, appreciating his introduction.

It was supposed to be Ikuya's turn to introduce himself but the said boy didn't say a word. Natsuya, who noticed this, whispered to the boy.

"Ikuya, introduce yourself."

He frowned. "I'm Kirishima Ikuya. I swim breaststroke." He said curtly. The members looked at each other in confusion before clapping at Ikuya's introduction.

"I'm Tachibana Makoto. I swam backstroke at Iwatobi SC. Nice to meet you!" Makoto said and ended it up with bowing. Beside him, [Name] fiddled with her swimming cap – cheeks painted in pink color. It's not her fault that she's never been good at introducing herself to many people.

"[Nickname]-chan, it's you turn." Makoto whispered right beside her ear.

"Y- yes!" she squeaked which made the other club members laughed, including Natsuya. [Name] could feel warmth consumed her face and she wished the ground could just swallow her whole.

[Name] inhaled and straightened herself. "I-I'm [Last Name] [First Name]. I swim butterflystroke and freestyle in Iwatobi SC! A-And um..."

"Do you ever compete in events?" Natsuya chipped, trying to help the poor girl. He smiled as he saw her stiff shoulders loosened.

"Y-yes! I got first place in 100m butterfly and third place in 100m freestyle in regionals." She said which got several awes from the others, which sending another blush to conquer her face. "T-That's all! Please take care of me!"

She bowed deeply as the other members clapped.

"I'm Nanase Haruka. I only swim freestyle." Haru said. [Name] immediately elbowed him.

"Polite speech..." Makoto said to him.

"Desu." He finally said as he received the same claps as the others.

"Hm? Your strokes are balanced well." Natsuya commented. "You'll be able to enter the medley relay for your year group and [Name] will swim solo."

[Name] had her face downcast as she tightened her grip on her swimming cap. It's always about relay again. What she didn't know that a certain upperclassman with light lavender hair looked at her from a far.