Chapter 3 : Remembering

After the school's over, Haru, Makoto, and [Name] walked and arrived at Iwatobi SC. When the three walked in the corridor holding their bag with swimsuit in it, they stopped when a different sight greeted them.

"Oh." The different sight was a photo of the relay team which consists Haru, Makoto, Rin, and Nagisa. Rin slung an arm around Haru's shoulder while grinning widely and holding the trophy, Nagisa was on Rin's left – raising a hand up and another hand on Rin's arm, Haru looked away from the camera with his expressionless face, and Makoto put a hand on Haru's arm and holding a piece sign. Even though [Name] wasn't the part of the team, she's in the photo too – standing between Haru and Makoto posing piece sign like Makoto and holding Haru's hand.

"They put the picture from that time." Makoto said.

Haru's blue eyes focused on Rin's figure who stood beside him in the photo. The black-haired boy frowned before looking away.

"I wonder what Rin is doing..." Makoto wondered.

"Don't know." Haru said rather coldly, surprising Makoto and [Name]. The boy walked away, not sparing the two a glance. Makoto and [Name] looked at each other before Makoto pointed out at another picture.

"Ah! It's you, [Nickname]-chan!"

[Name] looked at where Makoto was pointing and blinked.

"You're right..." she muttered while walking closer to inspect the picture.

The picture consists her who held a trophy and a medal was circling her neck. Rin, like always, slung an arm around her shoulder while grinning, Haru held her hand and looked away from the camera, Makoto stood behind her and put a hand on her head, and Nagisa was in front of her almost covering her figure. Thank goodness, she's taller than the bubbly blonde boy.

"At that time, [Name]-chan won the regionals, right?" Makoto said. "In butterfly stroke."

[Name] nodded while curling up a small smile.

"Come on, let's go to the pool." The brunette then said and started to walk towards the changing room. [Name] followed her childhood friend – after giving the picture of Haru's team a last glance and letting her smile drop for a second.

"Haru-chan! Mako-chan! [Nickname]-chan!" Nagisa called out in excitement while running towards his friends who walked out of changing room.

"Nagisa, it's dangerous to run!" Makoto scolded the young boy with blonde hair and magenta eyes.

"Ah! Sorry!" he apologized after a giggle and then jumped on [Name], hugging the girl's waist. [Name] startled at first but hugged Nagisa back and ruffled his hair.

"Hey! What's middle school like?" Nagisa asked curiously, not letting go of [Name] while turning to look at Haru and Makoto. "Is it fun?"

"We can't tell after just one day." Makoto said when Nagisa looked at him.

"It's normal." Haruka said.

"I still don't know." [Name] added.

"Oh..." Nagisa responded and moving away from [Name]. The blonde looked at the floor sadly. "I wish I were in the same grade as you three."

"You'll be a middle schooler next year too, Nagisa..." Makoto soothed the young boy.

"But! I can't be in a relay with you guys this year!" Nagisa exclaimed. "And Rin-chan isn't here, either, also [Nickname]-chan didn't do relay..."

Hearing that, Makoto also felt the sadness Nagisa infected them while Haruka looked unpleased with it. Topic about Rin clearly was something sensitive to him. On the other hand, [Name] had the same reaction as Makoto – although the topic wasn't about Rin.