Chapter 5 : Persuasion and Offer

Another day passed by, leaving the previous one like a breeze without a hitch. Students were walking around in lunch time; either buy their food and drink in the cafeteria or having chats with each other to relieve heavy weight they got from classes they've been through.

Hallways were quite crowded with students and Haru stood in front of a vending machine to buy his own drink. When he wanted to press a button, his conversation with Makoto and [Name] from yesterday popped in his mind.

"You're okay with me joining the basketball club and [Nickname]-chan joining the gymnastics club, Haru?"

Haru's drink, a carton of milk, fell into the base of the machine after he pressed the button.

.

.

In Class 1, many round tables were made and many students were eating in groups. Haru, who sat father back, started to undo his lunch's clothe knot. [Name], who already sat on the right side of his table, did the same. It was already a habit for the two to have lunch or spending recess together.

And then the two was startled by bumping of desks made by Kisumi – who moved [Name]'s desk and put it together with Haru's desk, making a long table. Haru looked at that event with a distraught expression before he averted his gaze towards Kisumi.

"Haru, [Nickname], let's eat together!" he said with eagerness. "Well, even if you say no, I'm still going to."

And then it's Asahi's turn to approach them with his lunch and drink in hand.

"Haru, [Nickname], let's eat!" the red-haired boy said and looked at Kisumi, annoyed. "Why are you here?"

"It's fine, let's just all eat together." Kisumi suggested.

"Shut up. I want to eat with Haru and [Nickname]!" Asahi retorted, clearly unpleased with the idea.

"Stop being so picky!"

Haru and [Name] sighed at the same time. But, the two managed to stop their bicker and finally sat down to eat their lunch.

"Hey, what elementary school did you go to, Asahi?" Kisumi asked, stirring up a conversation. "It wasn't mine. You two went to Iwatobi Elementary, didn't you, Haru and [Name]?"

"I just moved here in March." Asahi answered after he finished swallowing the meat he chewed. "So I don't go to an elementary school near here."

"Hmm. So, you swam there?"

"Yeah, at my old SC." Asahi looked at Haru. "I swam butterfly in the 50m and 100m races, and the medley relay!"

As he told Haru and [Name], it could be heard that he's clearly proud of what he achieved when he was still in elementary in swimming.

That's cool." [Name] complimented with a smile. Asahi just grinned as a reply.

"What's a medley relay?" Kisumi asked.

"It's where four people each swim," he stood up suddenly.

"Back," Asahi said while moving his arms in circle alternately in how clock usually rotates.

"Breast," then, he moved his hands to the front, mimicking breast stroke.

"Butterfly," next, he moved his arms simultaneously in opposite direction how clock usually rotates.

"and Freestyle!" lastly, he moved his arms alternately in opposite direction how clock usually rotates. "One after another!"

Asahi explained it dynamically with loud voice so it tired him a little and some stares from other students who eat lunch in the class. But, it seems that he didn't give any attention to that.