Chapter 11 : Falling Apart

Before this story starts, I have an announcement to make:

NOW THIS STORY IS ALSO AVAILABLE AT Fanfiction.net WITH THE TITLE "Swimming in High Speed"! For those who wants to download it from Fanfiction.net! You can find it with the same username as this, which means my account in Fanfiction.net is also VidaReale. But, the contents are still 4 chapters, I hope you guys will be patient because I'll complete it after I complete the story in Wattpad.

That's all! I hope you enjoy this chapter!!

.

.

Nao knew he would find Natsuya slumped on his desk early in the morning. And his hunches were right as he stepped into his silent classroom, finding Natsuya was the only one in it. The chocoloate haired boy was facing another direction with his cheek rested on the wooden surface of his desk and an arm slung over.

"I'd really like it if the captain would stop playing hookie." Nao teased him and the gloomy aura that surrounded him.

"Shut up." Natsuya's retort was half-hearted.

"Why don't you stop pushing him away already?" Nao asked as he approached Natsuya who made no movement from his place. The light lavender haired boy leaned on the little space of Natsuya's desk.

"If it's making you feel upset."

Natsuya shifted, looking at Nao's back. "How can you tell?"

"I always know why you're upset." Nao replied, not looking at Natsuya.

"Shut up." For the second time, the chocolate haired boy retorted. "It's fine like this. If I don't, then he'll be stuck behind me."

Nao could only look at him and smiled, even though it was a defeat one.

"How's Asahi?" Natsuya asked, changing the topic which made his mood went low.

"He's scared." Nao answered with honesty. "But, I think he'll be okay. He has a strong character and ambition."

"I see. I'm sure he'd be a good captain." Natsuya commented. "How's Makoto?"

"He's confused. But I think once he figures everything out, he'll become stronger."

"Haruka?"

"He's a natural." Nao said. "It's rare to find someone with such a beautiful stream line. But when it comes to relay, he's a mess."

"He just needs to pay more attention to everything around him." Natsuya said, being reminded how Haru's condition really similar to a certain someone.

"Just like Ikuya." Nao finally mentioned the name. Natsuya fell silent for a few seconds before looking straight at his best friend.

"How is Ikuya doing?" he finally asked.

"He swims in a way that causes the least fatigue. That's why his speed doesn't decrease even at long distances."

Natsuya couldn't help but smile as pride bloomed in his chest. He folded his arms, resting his forehead against it. "My little brother is amazing."

"Ikuya will definitely become fast." Nao said confidently.

"I'm counting on you." Natsuya said, his voice above whisper.

"Yeah." Nao hummed, before continuing. "And [Name]..."

"I know." Natsuya beat Nao's words. "I understand what she feels."

Nao didn't say a word and letting Natsuya continuing his words.