Chapter 15: All Ends Well

When the day of the match arrived, people were already crowding the arena.

Competitors from different schools came, proudly wearing their uniform and many of their relatives came to cheer for them only. The bleachers started to fill up, the pool is already occupied with swimmers who prepared themselves by warming up. The announcement board being tested to prevent any malfunctions as long as the competition is going.

It was a bright day with no probability of rain and such, a perfect day for them to reach their victory and settle the score up. Natsuya believed it. The nagging feeling in his chest no longer exists and the weight was lifted from his shoulder days ago; he's confident with his team and seeing that they worked hard for the past few days while at the same time accepting themselves to be part of it and finally saw the positive sight in it, the captain couldn't be prouder.

Whatever the results are; it won't be a disappointment and he could guarantee it with his life.

"It's finally the tournament!" he announced, standing proud in front of his team with Nao by his side and the coach watching silently on a space by the bleachers; thankfully it was enough to fit them all. Their seats were already filled with bags and their blue cheering kit. "Your scores today will set the pace for the whole year. Now let's do the cheer!"

He received a chorus of "Yes!".

Natsuya then raised his fist up and yelled with all his might;

"Iwatobi Middle School, fight!"

"Yeah!"

The competition for middle school started when the first sound of start alarm echoed. The first row of other school's line up jumped into the pool, the crowds now focused in watching the competitors and cheering for their team.

"Then, I'm going!" one of Iwatobi Swim Club's member said to Natsuya to excused himself.

"Yeah." The captain responded as he saw him marched up stairs to their cheering place.

But the captain didn't notice his juniors' approach since his back directed towards them. Thankfully Nao noticed and patted Natsuya's arm, signaling him to turn back and faced the relay team. The brown-haired male couldn't help but smile at the whole team's appearance.

"Your relay is soon, huh?" Natsuya said.

"How are you? Think you can do it?" Nao followed the question.

"Yes!" Ikuya and Asahi immediately answered without hesitation, along with Makoto. Each of their eyes shone with determination. The three responded well, except Haru. The dark-haired boy chose to stay silent for a while, eyes boring to the concrete below their feet.

"Haruka?" the manager finally questioned his odd behavior.

"The relay I swam in elementary school," Haru started and eyes immediately focused on his figure. "it was too important for Makoto, [Name], and I. That's why I had no intention of swimming a relay with any other members."

Even though Haru finished his speech, there was still a hanging feeling surrounding them. It sounded like a statement but didn't fully reach the dot, there's no clear end of it. That's why Nao opened his mouth, "And?'

The soft urge of continuation made the dark-haired boy to add more to his words.

"But, that's changed a little now." Haru lifted his head, looking straight at his two upperclassmen with blue eyes filled with firm determination.

"I want to swim relay with this members."

The statement threw both Natsuya and Nao off guard, eyes widening slightly and shoulders lifted a little. The effect didn't latch only to them; Asahi, Makoto, and Ikuya stared at him with the same expression of taken a back. But that only lasted for a few seconds before smiles and grins emerged on their faces; well that applied Makoto and Asahi, while Ikuya more of being flustered and decided that a pout is appropriate to hide his embarrassment.