Kuroken: Origami

I really need new friends. If you want to be my friend you should comment here and we can talk on instagram or something.

Kenma types unenthusiastically on his keyboard. His work is particularly boring and he would rather be doing almost anything. He sighs and takes a sip of coffee. This article is one of the worst he has read all week. Somehow he managed to land a job as an editor of the most boring news articles of all time.

Suddenly, something lands on his keyboard. A little origami cat lays sideways across the keys. Kenma looks towards the direction it came from, but all he sees is the wall of his cubicle. He picks up the folded paper gingerly and sees some scrawled handwriting on it. It reads, "Can I get your number? –The Cubicle to your Left." Kenma raises an eyebrow at the paper. He is relatively new to this job, so he doesn't really know his coworkers that well. He doesn't even know the gender of the person in the cubicle to his left.

Kenma suspects that the person is probably waiting for answer so he couldn't risk peeking over the cubicle wall to look at them. He isn't even tall enough so it doesn't really matter. Anyway, Kenma has work he needs to do so he just sets the little origami cat next to his keyboard and continues to type.

About 20 minutes later, an origami swan comes sailing over the wall. This time it states, "How long does it take to write down a number or a no?" Kenma sighs. He takes a piece of paper and writes, "Are you actually working or just doing origami?" on it. Since he doesn't know how to do origami, he just balls up the paper and tosses it back to the other person. He hears a small yelp of surprise, and then a small sigh of disappointment. Kenma tries to keep working, but keeps looking to his left, searching for another paper to land on his desk. Soon enough, another tumbles onto his workplace.

"Origami is work. But can I get an answer?" Kenma smiles a little at the paper. This time it is a dog. This person must be pretty good to be able to make these so quickly. Kenma scribbles down a question about who this person is and throws the balled up paper over the wall. Now his concentration has just completely flown out the window. He hasn't gotten anything done in the past 10 minutes. The next message just comes up all balled up like Kenma's. He unfolds the paper making sure not to rip it. He finds a page of description about the person next door. A little picture is even printed on the paper. Kenma wonders if this guy literally printed out a picture of himself just for this.

His name is Kuroo Tetsurou. He is one year older than Kenma and is almost eight inches taller. He's hot, Kenma observes. There is some other random stuff that Kenma doesn't really know why he would need to know. Kenma smiles a little. He doesn't know if he should really date a coworker, but this place seems pretty chill and you don't really have to talk to anyone that much. He writes down his number and throws it over to Kuroo.

Kenma then hears an enthusiastic yell and the noise of Kuroo trying to get out of his chair but knocking something over as he does so. Kenma turns around to see Kuroo fast walking across the gigantic room. Later he hears two people enthusiastically yelling and assumes that it's Kuroo and one of his friends. Kenma turns back to try to get work done, but he doesn't actually do much for the rest of the day.

~~~~~~~~~~

Kenma is hanging out at his apartment watching TV when he gets a call. He answers and is presented with Kuroo's voice on the other side.

"Hey! Kenma!"

"How do you even know who I am?"

"Um, Bokuto told me." Kenma furrows his eyebrows in confusion.

"Who is Bokuto?" he says in response.

"Uh, Akaashi's boyfriend? Aren't you and Akaashi friends?"