Asanoya: Sweet Music

Nishinoya and Asahi had just started living together. On their 6 month anniversary, Nishinoya had given Asahi a key to his apartment, and one thing led to another and now they were living together. They were still getting used to the quirks of living with another person and having to build their schedule around them, but it was fun, most of the time. Noya had all the cuddles he wanted, and Asahi finally had someone to cook for. They were both happy. 

Nishinoya opened the door to their apartment after a long day at work, but once he heard the soft music he made sure to be quiet. The soft sound of guitar strings filled the apartment, making Nishinoya smile. He knew that Asahi played guitar, but the older boy was shy about it and generally only practiced when no one else was around. That was one of the strains of living together, all the things they liked doing alone they had a much harder experience finding time to do them. 

As Noya tip-toed through the apartment, he even heard Asahi's soft voice singing along to whatever he was playing. Oh, this was a treat. He never got to hear his boyfriend sing. Nishinoya settled himself on the couch and closed his eyes to listen. He never thought anything could make him love Asahi more than he already loved him, but somehow Noya kept getting surprised, this one being the biggest surprise yet. The soothing voice was calming, and eventually, Nishinoya slumped farther into the couch and drifted off to sleep. 

~

"How long have you been there?" Asahi said, somewhat incredulously. 

"Wha...?" Nishinoya mumbled, shaking off the sleep. Was he asleep? What time was it? What's going on?

"Silly," Asahi said, wrapping his arms around Nishinoya from the back and kissing the top of his head. "I thought it was a bit late for you to be getting home, and I come out and see that you're just asleep on the couch? Long day at work?" Asahi walked towards the kitchen, probably to get something started for dinner. 

Nishinoya was still very disoriented. He looked at the clock, to find that it was 45 minutes after he had gotten home. He didn't even realize he was that tired. 

"Y-yeah, I guess," he stuttered. He stood up a little too quickly and black spots appeared in his line of sight. "Ah, geez." Nishinoya put his hand on his forehead. Once he got his bearings, he walked over and leaned against the counter. 

"So... when I got home, the reason I, uh, fell asleep, well, I heard you playing guitar, and I wanted to listen a little longer..." Nishinoya paused when he saw the fierce blush spreading across his boyfriend's face. "I don't want to embarrass you..." Nishinoya covered his face in his own embarrassment. Sometimes he was so awkward! "I just thought it was really pretty, and if you don't mind, I'd like to hear it a little more often." 

"Hey, Yuu, why you acting so bashful?" Asahi gently tilted the shorter boy's chin up so their eyes met. "You're not the one who has anything to be embarrassed about."

"You can't be embarrassed! It was too beautiful for you to be embarrassed!" Nishinoya almost shouted, achieving yet another one of his weird instant mood changes. 

"Haha, well, I don't know about that," Asahi said, resting his hand on the back of his head. 

"Well, I do. At least, I would like to hear you play more. You don't have to play for me, just... practice while I'm home?" Nishinoya's voice had gone back to a slightly sheepish tone. Asahi couldn't help but be immersed in how adorable his boyfriend was. His big eyes, his hair drooping and smushed down from his nap, how his head barely reached Asahi's shoulder. 

"Okay, well, I guess I could try to make that happen," Asahi said, his mouth twisting into a small smile. Nishinoya responded by getting on his tiptoes and grabbing Asahi's collar, pulling him down and bringing their lips together for a kiss. 

"I love you, Asahi," Nishinoya said against his lips. 

"For my guitar playing or my kissing?"

"All of it."

"I love you, too, Yuu."

They ate dinner together, and Nishinoya elected to do dishes since Asahi had cooked. Asahi walked into their bedroom, through many shouts of protests from Nishinoya, claiming he needed company while he was washing dishes, but immediately shut up when Asahi emerged from their bedroom with his guitar. 

Asahi sat down on one of their bar stools, looking at his boyfriend. 

"You're not allowed to make a huge deal out of this or else I won't do it again," Asahi said, in a futile effort. Noya's face was already brimming with joy and excitement. Asahi shook his head, just happy to see Nishinoya so happy. 

He plucked a melody (Nishinoya would later insist the most beautiful melody he had ever heard) and after a few measures, started to sing. 

"I had a thought, dear, however scary..."

~

~

~

goddamn we stan hozier in this house (if you don't like hozier get out)

anyway

i think i might be asexual

like i'll be damned if i ever have a single sexual encounter in my life ever that shit sounds absolutely horrifying

like i'm 17 this is something i should know by now

maybe it's just another manifestation of my extreme intimacy issues 

intimacy issues i have for NO reason, mind you, i don't have any past trauma or anything, just one singular broken heart and a few of those borderline assault experiences every woman on the planet has had (ya know, when a grown-ass man decides that instead of just saying excuse me, he puts both hands on your waist and physically moves you out of the way)

i thought i was asexual when i was like 12 but then i stopped caring about it, and i still don't give a fuck, like i don't need to fit myself into some identity made up by someone else and i especially don't need to explain my sexuality to a single other goddamn person and if anyone asks me if i like girls or boys or both or neither or whatever i will not hesitate to roundhouse kick them and sign them up for the scientology mailing list

anyway the thought of having sex with another human being does kind of make me want to puke (and i'm not a fucking furry so don't take my specifying human being as a reason to go there it was for emphasis ya nasty)

anyway,, sorry this was so short i have no inspiration anymore and can't write anything without giving up about 5 times in the process i hope you all are enjoying your coronacation goodnight 

extremely important update: stop asking me who/what hozier is,, listen to the fucking song and get cultured,,, i did not write this one-shot for you guys to disrespect hozier (if you don't like him get out im serious)