pov: you're me

pov: you are a junior in high school, every night you stay up past 11 trying to get your homework done just to get 60s on all your apush quizzes and continue not understand any part about calculus. your friend told you haikyuu was on netflix, so you start to rewatch it. you remember how good that show was and begin to understand why you wrote fanfic about it in 8th grade. you go and reread what you wrote, grimacing at some of the writing style but also slightly shocked at how good you were in 8th grade and how much drive you had. you never read or write anymore. you don't have time. the more you watch of the show, the more you wish you could go back. back to a time when you had a person (even if it wasn't official), when the worst part about life was geometry, when you could just be yourself and not worry about the sat and which college you'll go to. you read what you wrote and it just reminds you of how utterly lonely you are. you wonder if you could have done something different, something to keep what you had. you wonder if you could have made it stay the way it was. you wonder if there was anyway you could have stopped from growing up.
so you watch an episode of haikyuu before you go to sleep, knowing what will happen but still worrying. because at least you're not alone with your thoughts. at least it delays having to get up and start a new day.
and you wish you could disappear into writing again.
-
-
-
the laments of a depressed junior who cries when anyone says college and has nothing better to do than go through the fan fiction she wrote over three years ago
thanks for 165k
this really will be my legacy
it could be worse i guess