Day 37

I look across the sea; where is he? Seagulls squawk in circles above me as if they were vultures waiting to feast on me. Yoongi once told me that he and Ally went to the beach for a date, he doesn't seem to be here. Has he given up on her? That doesn't seem likely, not before me. Jingling the few coins left I have in my pocket, I decide to lose my thoughts by playing at the arcades, too tired to think properly.

The first machine I go on doesn't work, groaning, I venture further into the arcades for a game that is interesting. Turning a corner; there he is. Pokemon stuffed toys surround him as I watch him bang on the glass every time he wins one. I slowly approach him.

"Yoongi?" I ask cautiously, placing a hand on his shoulder. "I've been looking everywhere for you."

"Don't touch me." Yoongi shrugs my hand off.

"I see you're occupied," there must be at least thirty Pokemon. "Doing..this."

"You don't understand," Yoongi hits the glass as he wins a squirtle. "I'm not winning!"

"You're not winning?" I question. "Are you delusional?"

"I don't give a single shit about all these," Yoongi kicks one. "Why can't I win this one?"

I look over his shoulder to see the claw hovering over a pikachu, looking back at the stuffed toys, he hasn't won any of them yet. The claw goes done, and like magic, the claw picks up a charmander.

"What the fuck is this shit?" Yoongi shouts, pushing his hair out of his eyes.

"Maybe we should go," I give a nervous smile to an employee giving us weird looks. "Let's not attract any more attention."

"You don't understand," Yoongi growls, putting a coin into the machine. "I need to win this, for her."

"For her?" I sit down on a seat next to him.

Ally had a pikachu, Ally had a pikachu. Yoongi won it for her? On their date? I remember coming out of my room for the first time and going into Yoongi's room to find him in the corner of his room on a chair snuggling her pikachu. I haven't seen it since.

"Didn't she have one?" I watch the claw go down. "I remember you having it."

"I threw it away," Yoongi sighs. "Hoseok told me too."

"And you did it?" I ask in disbelief.

"Yes," Yoongi answers dryly. "I was too tired to argue, so I just did what he said."

"That's.." I think of the right words to say. "Unexpected from you."

Yoongi grunts in response.

"But," I turn back to him. "We should really go."

"I'm fine here."

"Yoo-"

"Don't." Yoongi frowns. "I'm staying here until I get a pikachu."

"Okay," I turn to the machine I'm sitting at, it's the same as Yoongi's. "I might as well help to speed us up then."

Yoongi let's go of the control and looks at me.

"Thanks." He shyly says.

"It's alright," I reply, smiling. "You'd do the same."

He doesn't answer.