Chapter 24- A New Beginning

Darjeeling 

Snehal left no stone upturned to make Raima's wedding a perfect one. She herself decorated the mandap (marriage dais )...Snehal walked back giving her work one look. It was magnificent, Snehal smiled satisfied with her work. The marriage was scheduled to be a day after the sangeet. Snehal after spending good time with Rohan had  started her work in the midnight itself, as she wanted it to be perfect.

Two arms slowly went around her waist pulling her back, Rohan pecked her cheek; ''You are overworking , take some rest''

Snehal leaned on him; ''I just want it to be perfect''

Rohan; ''it is ...Raima is lucky to have you...so are you planning to make our wedding this beautiful too'' Snehal went mute, Rohan turned her around; ''don't tell me you are not sure on marrying me, because if that so. I don't mind turning into a cave man''

Snehal chuckled leaning on his chest; ''Why me Rohan ??? you could have got anyone...you are a hunk''

Rohan; ''because of this beautiful heart of yours. Snehal you are so dedicated to people you love...you stood by your sisters like a rock..You treat Khanna's like your own...right now also when everyone else is sleeping you are hear doing all you can to make your sister's wedding perfect. I fell in love with that...and about getting anyone ...I want you''

Snehal started playing with his shirt buttons; ''Rohan are you fine with a simple wedding, if baba agrees ...he won't be able to throw a grand affair''

Rohan; ''If he agrees??? He will ...and if he asks me I am ready to marry you right here right now...without wasting a penny..what say??? '' Snehal leaned more into his arms as if giving her life into his hands...Rohan stroked her hair...after some minutes he realised that she was completely worn out as she was responding in broken sentences . Rohan lifted her up carrying Snehal to her room, placing her on the bed...he caressed her head once before walking out.

As he walked out of her room he came face to face with Raima standing with her arms crossed to her chest; ''What were you doing in my sisters room this late''

Rohan rolled his eyes; ''Same pinch , why were you in bro's room at this hour''

Raima blinked and then smiled; ''I kind of like you, get ready after wedding...I will get you two fixed together...'' She turned to leave , stopped and spoke; ''Rohan kiddo is special, heart like that of hers should be guarded protectively...''

Rohan; ''I will do it with my life....and thanks'' Raima just smiled and walked off. Rohan shook his head; ''God this female and her attitude not even you are welcome... God help Arjun.. .''

Morning the house was filled with commotion, everybody was in a hurry getting things ready for the ceremony. Raima was checking herself in the mirror when she heard a knock; ''Come in''

Nitin stepped in little nervous , Raima turned around to face him; ''Any problem''

Nitin cleared his throat; ''you look good''

Raima; ''I know, I don't think you are here to praise my looks''

Nitin huffed; ''Raima...I know I have done a lot of bad things and asking for apology will not wipe my mistakes out. Still if you can, please forgive me...I really want to make a new start''

Raima looked at Nitin's extended hand , she took a step forward towards him.Taking his hand she smiled; ''I forgive you, even I don't want have a beginning with a past baggage .... Nitin we cannot be friends as of now...but in future I don't know...I promise I will try my all to like you'' Nitin nodded and walked out...Raima looked at her reflection ...she was a bride today....bride of her Arjun, it was the time to take the forst step towards her happily after. Raima for a moment recalled Alex...she closed her eyes making a silent prayer ; 'God!!! I have my happiness...please give Alex his...he is an amazing guy...he suffered enough for that one mistake...bless him God!!!''