Chapter two

Cheated? Josh was furious. Lucas had always seemed like a nice guy. He always treated Maya with respect and seemed so in love. Josh knew this relationship was important to Maya. Although Josh was never really fond of him and had no desire to get to know him he was accepting of the relationship because it made Maya happy. Not to mention it was really none of his business.

"Are you sure Maya? I thought you guys were really happy"

"Well I was and yeah I'm sure I walked in on them"

Josh couldn't think of anything worse. His last girlfriend had cheated on him but all he saw was a few flirty text messages. Those flirty text messages however were heartbreaking enough to Josh. He squeezed her hand trying to calm her down.

"The worst part of it Josh was it was right under my nose. Like I could not have been more blind to what had been happening"

"Do you mean you know the person he was with"

"Yep, Its so cliche. Boy meets girl, boy meets girls best friend he realises she is better and goes and has sex with her"

Josh's eyes widened he knew exactly what she was talking about. "You mean Riley did this to you?"

The words coming out of his mouth still shocked him. How could she do this to her best friend. She had been so devastated when her boyfriend cheated on her but she was quite happy to do it with someone else. That someone else being her best friends boyfriend.

Maya just nodded "I can't believe I didn't work it out. He never wanted me to go to Texas he always wanted to come here and always arrived on a Friday afternoon so she had to pick him up. He wanted to spend time with her not me"

"Well he is an idiot Maya and I know I probably shouldn't say it because she is my niece but Riley is one too. How about we talk more about this more tomorrow"

Maya decided after hałf an hour she should probably answer Lucas.

Maya: Hey Lucas, just got caught up in a study group Im not sure how long I will be.

Lucas: damn I was really looking forward to spending time with you, I will just have to hang out with Riley.

The tears had stopped for about five minutes before she had gotten that message. She wanted to scream. Of course he would just hang out with Riley. Most likely without clothes.

Maya: Of course you would want to, have fun with Riley I will be home tomorrow afternoon.

There was no messages after that. Maya didn't even want to think about what was going on. Maya wished she still had Farkle close. He had always cared about her not that she didn't appreciate Josh just it was a little awkward because it was his niece.

Maya had decided that tomorrow she would face it. She would turn up earlier than expected and catch them in the act. This time not being so quiet about it.  She knew there would be one person who would come with her. She asked Josh before going to bed if it was okay and he agreed. Josh wasn't going to let her go by herself. It was going to be hard enough to confront them without anyone next to her.

The next day Maya dragged Josh out of his bed and made her way down to the dorms. She wasn't letting them get away with this. Making their way to the door she heard a familiar sound. Riley was moaning, her boyfriends name. Maya closed her eyes not wanting to witness what she had seen yesterday again. This proved to her it wasn't just a one time thing. Josh looked over at her. Maya asked him if he would go in first. He nodded. Although he didn't particularly want to see what was happening on the other side of the door. He opened the door. Maya stayed outside out of view.

Riley was the first one to notice him. This whole thing shocked him but what was worse was what came out of her mouth next " Hey uncle Josh can you close the door and keep an eye out we wouldn't want Maya to catch us" Riley laughed.

"Are you for real? Riley you do realise this is your best friends boyfriend. How could you do this to someone else after what happened with Nick"

"Oh relax, he never really liked her. Lucas and I have been waiting for the right time to tell her"

"Is this true Lucas?"

"Mate you know what it's like being tied down to one girl and when someone like Riley offers herself to you you can't say no"

"Actually yes I can because I'm a decent person. You two make me sick. If you think I'm keeping this a secret you are mistaken. I'm going to take Maya to see Katy and Shawn like you were meant to and when I get back you two are explaining everything to her. I really thought you were better than this Riley"

Josh walked out slamming the door behind him. Apparently his speech hadn't got through to them because the minute he was out the door they were back at it again. Maya was standing there in tears.

"I'm really sorry Maya let's go see Shawn" Maya followed him to his car.