Chapter Three

On the way to Shawn's Maya didn't say much. All that replayed in her head was what Riley said. All of it. Wanting her uncle to lie to me when we all know over the years they had become good friends. Not to mention he was a Matthews, no way would he keep this a secret from anyone. He never really liked her. What was that meant to mean. He had never shown any interest in Riley but now all of a sudden they were together.

Josh on the other hand was sitting there not quite sure what to say. A little over a year ago riley was sitting in his dorm room in the same situation and now she was doing it to her best friend. Maya had always had trust issues and Josh couldn't help but worry about how these issues would be now. Maya was so closed off as ever. Then came to telling Shawn what was Maya actually going to say.

They pulled up next to Shawn and Katy's apartment building and Maya was still looking out the window. Josh knew it was going to take some convincing to get her inside. He looked at her for a few minutes, still no movement. Josh decided to take things into his own hands. He got out of the car and walked over to her side opening the door and putting his hand out. Maya followed him upstairs. Taking a deep breath before knocking on the door.

Shawn was quick to answer the door. He hadn't seen Maya in about a month. The last time Lucas had visited. Shawn had loved Lucas. Maya knew that was about to change. He looked at his daughter and then over to Josh. He had known Josh long enough to know something was wrong and Shawn was really not going to like it. They stepped into the apartment where Katy was on the couch reading a book. She looked up and got out of her seat. Glancing over at Josh.

"Hey Maya, Josh. I thought Lucas was coming with you"

Maya turned to Josh and quickly hid her face in his shoulder and began to cry. Josh put his arm around her and gave Shawn a look. One that was to say let's not talk about Lucas today.

"Hey how about I go and get lunch and you guys catch up" Josh looked down at her and she nodded.

"Wait up Josh I will come with you" Shawn knew the only way he was going to get the real story.

Not even five seconds after they had walked away from the door Shawn had began to question Josh. While Josh realised Maya had a right to her privacy he also knew that Shawn would kill him if he didn't tell him the truth. Not knowing how to approach the subject knowing Shawn was quite fond of Lucas.

"He cheated on her Shawn" Shawn's face said it all. There was no goon back from this. He looked as though he was going to kill someone.

"What so he found someone better than my daughter in Texas and cheated on her"

"Actually a lot worse than that"

"Well kid tell me what went on"

"She found Lucas and Riley together yesterday. We ran into each other and she stayed at my house. This morning we went to confront them and well they were at it again. I don't think it was a one time thing Shawn"

"Riley as in your niece, Maya's best friend"

"Yeah. You should have heard her this morning. She didn't even see Maya, Maya decided to stay outside. She told me to close the door and keep an eye out for Maya so they didn't get caught. I have never been so disappointed in her"

"Yeah well neither have I. How could she do this to Maya after everything with Nick"

"I have no idea but I know one thing she will be finding out the truth this afternoon. I didn't tell them that Maya had caught them but I did say if they didn't come clean I would tell her"

"Well I hope she gets the whole truth. This is really messed up"

"Your telling me. I have never seen her so upset Shawn, even when she spoke about Kermit"

"Hmm well I guess we should get this lunch I think they have had enough time"

They had gone to Topanga's to get take out. Lucky for them none of the Matthews family were there. Neither of them could bring themselves to tell them about the affair. They would be so disappointed in their daughter. Shawn and Josh walked in to find Maya hugged into her mother on the couch. Katy passed her phone over to Josh to find the message.

Lucas: Hey babe was thinking because it's my last night we could get a hotel room, you know have a little privacy ;)

Josh hid it from Shawn who was taking the food into the kitchen. It was making him made enough he didn't need Shawn going crazy.