Chapter seven

Maya and Josh had fallen asleep on the bed. Josh was the first to wake up. Looking down at Maya who was snuggled into the side of him. This was something he could get used to. Maya's hair was a mess and she had make up running down her face from her crying but to Josh she was just as beautiful as she always was.

Josh had always thought that Maya was special. He had always had a thing for her but never quite knew how to tell her. Maya had turned sixteen a couple of months before her and Lucas started dating. Before this time Josh thought it would have been inappropriate to pursue anything considering the age gap. Unfortunately for him though Lucas swept her of her feet and they started dating.

There was something about Lucas that Josh didn't like. Seeing Maya so happy though made him believe that keeping his feelings to himself was what was best. Especially in the few years before that they had become really close friends. He really thought that all Maya would look at him as was her best friends Uncle.

Lucas wasn't the guy everyone thought he was. Josh knew for a fact that his older brother and Shawn loved him. They thought he would never do anything to Maya. He was the guy girls dreamed about being with. Unfortunately for Maya her best friend felt the same way. Josh couldn't help but question if this was the only affair. He was living in Texas and if he could have one right under Maya's nose imagine what he could get up to in a whole other place.

Maya stirred in her sleep. She gripped onto Josh's waist more. He knew that she thought she was sleeping next to Lucas. He knew that deep down even though he did the worst thing he possibly could have she still loved him and He knew that now wasn't the time to express these feelings that he was having. His phone went off and he picked it up. Cory had yet again texted him. Cory had always been Maya's father figure until Katy had married Shawn. There was no way they could have kept them from knowing just to give Maya time. Of course Shawn had gone straight to him.

Cory: I want to see you at Topanga's at noon. Don't bring Maya we will see her next week

He texted him back. Who knows what this little meeting was about. All Josh knew was he really didn't want to have to face Riley. Especially after what had happened in the last few days. Josh tried to get himself up without waking Maya up. She continued stirring in her sleep.

"Maya, I need to get up. I just need to go out for a few hours, if you need me call me"

"Hmm can you get me something from Topanga's"

"Sure thing gorgeous see you later"

Josh walked into Topanga's to see Cory standing there waiting for him. Both greeted him and they sat down. Josh sat down awkwardly. Riley was a daddy's girl. If anyone was going to try and justify her actions it would be him.

"So how's Maya Josh?" Cory asked

"Well she cried herself to sleep again last night. She had settled down after we went to see them but then she saw the post on social media"

"What did Riley and Lucas have to say for themselves?"

"Well I hate to say it I know she is your daughter and my niece but she was nothing but a massive bitch to Maya. She was the one who went to him the night she found out nick was cheating on her and asked him to sleep with her"

"Josh I don't know what to do with her. I called her last night but she won't answer. I have no idea how she could do this to Maya"

"I don't know either, all I know is I don't want her knowing Maya is staying with me. She will no doubt try to come over all the time with Lucas and that is the last thing she needs"

"I agree, we won't tell her if she actually decides to talk to us. So how are things with you living with Maya, I know it must be hard seeing her like this"

"Yeah it is but she will be fine. If your daughter gave her a break it would be fine"

"That's not what I meant Josh, I know what you think of Maya"

"Cory she just had her heartbroken it's hardly the time to come out and say how I feel. She is fine though, don't worry I'm keeping my distance as much as possible"

Josh felt like he had to lie. There was no way that he could tell Cory about them sleeping in the same bed the night before. Although it was innocent he always had a way of jumping to conclusions.

"Good. I don't want to see either of you being hurt again"