Chapter 21

"My wake up we must have fallen asleep"

She woke up groggily looking around the room. If they hadn't picked up on their relationship yesterday they probably had noticed her absence.

"We leave tomorrow maybe we should just wait until we have a kid and get them to tell everyone if your so worried"

Maya's heart dropped. He had said the three words and now he was starting to think about the future with her. The prospect of this being serious was not only making Maya nervous but incredibly happy. Never once has anyone ever mentioned things like this to her.

"I thought I was the one that was nervous. Don't worry Josh let's just tell them this morning. It isn't like we need to make some kind of huge announcement"

After what felt like forever staying in bed together they got up and made their way down stairs. Holding hands Josh squeezed Maya's and just smiled at her. It wasn't until now she realised how much he loved her. He was excited to tell everyone, like she was important. She was everything.

Walking to the table no one even paid attention. Since moving in together they had become so comfortable with each other that being this close wasn't anything new. They sat down across from Katy who had a sly grin on her face. Breakfast was a lot louder than dinner the night before there was no awkwardness between the group. Holding hands under the table came naturally.

This got Shawns attention. He looked over at Katy with a questioning look and she responded with a shrug.

"Josh any reason you are feeling up my daughter under the table"

His drink ended up sprayed out in front of him on the table. Maya couldn't help but chuckle. Of course Shawn was going to give him a hard time, any one who had come near her had gotten the talk. She was quite surprised it had taken this long for him. Everyone was just staring at him waiting for a response.

"Well dad, we may have something to tell you. Uh Josh and I are together. We have been for about a month now"

"Hmm interesting and when exactly were you planning on telling us, I mean you have been to our house in between"

"There may have been talk about letting our first born telling you but we just decided to kind of ease you into it"

Everyone at the table laughed except for Shawn mostly at his reaction. He took everything about his daughter so seriously.

"Don't tell me he has impregnated you, I swear Maya id kill him now If I didn't like him so much"

"Relax dad, no one is impregnated. We were just kidding"

The rest of the morning went slowly with her dad sending death glares Josh's way. It all seemed so funny to Maya. The prospect of his daughter getting hurt again was too much for him to handle. Although he wouldn't admit it he knew that they made each other happy. He wasn't going to let them know he was okay with it just yet.

Amy on the other hand decided that when Maya went upstairs she was going to have a talk to her son. He may have been blood but she has cared for Maya for years.

"Don't hurt her Josh. I know you guys have been there for each other for quite sometime but it hurts to go through a heartbreak like she did"

"It's alright mom, isn't Shawn meant to be giving me this talk though"

"Maybe that is how it should be going but I'm taking matters into my own hands. She is special, treat her right"

In that moment he looked over to her talking with her mom smiling and laughing.

"I will mom. I love her".