Chapter Sixteen

Josh and Maya were both laying in her bed in a panting sweaty mess. Neither of them wanted to interrupt the comfortable silence that had been created. Josh was the one person who had been there for her. She felt safe, close to someone again. Maya really wanted to get up but even in the position they had been in she wanted to cover herself up. She went to move the sheet around herself and Josh couldn't help but laugh.

"Maya I think it's a little late for that. After what we have done the past few days I've seen everything"

"I know but it's different, I don't know"

"Come here"

He grabbed her a pulled her close to him. She didn't make eye contact. Maya wasn't really sure what to do. This was new to her she had only ever had one boyfriend and that hadn't worked out too well. As well as the fact that Josh and Maya hadn't really spoken about what they were going to do.

"Maya what's wrong?"

"I don't know it's just weird. This whole situation is new to me. Did you really mean it when you said you had liked me for a while"

He sighed. "Since before you and Lucas got together. At that time I thought that is probably wasn't appropriate for an eighteen year old to ask out a fifteen year old and then you guys started dating so I just decided to let it go"

"I wish you would have told me. I would have waited. You treat me so much better than he ever did"

Josh pushed her hair away from her face and kissed her forehead.

"I just didn't think it was the right time but as I said before I'd really like to give this a go if you want too"

"I very much do Josh, took you long enough. Maybe the other night was just what we needed"

"Hmm that and Destiny?"

"Uh your ex-girlfriend?"

" yeah I called her this morning. She told me to tell you how I feel or she was coming down here to get us together. She also wants an invite to the wedding"

Maya just laughed and pressed her lips onto Josh's. "I think we can deal with that"

They had finally left Maya's bed to get up and have dinner. It was an odd feeling for Maya to be basically living with her boyfriend if that's what he actually was. They decided to watch Netflix while eating dinner. Maya's legs comfortably resting on Josh's. His hand skimming her legs. Maya hadn't felt this comfortable in a long time.

"So Farkle is staying with us next week and the week after is thanks giving. What are we going to do about this?" Maya said and she motioned between the two of them.

"Well Farkle will obviously find out being here with us he can have my bed for the weekend. I'm sure our parents will be fine with it. I guess we can wait a bit if you want"

"Yeah I think that would be good. Don't want dad killing you just yet. We will definitely tell them while we are in Philly"

"Well I guess there is just one more thing to ask you Ms Hunter"

"And what would that be Mr Matthews?"

"Will you the incredibly gorgeous Maya Hunter be my girlfriend?"

"Hmm I don't know" She faked a thinking face and then laughed. "Of course Josh, I'd love to be" she leaned over connecting their lips yet again. She truly couldn't believe how lucky she had been.