Chapter 14

"Madam I must say I'm rather befuddled, I believe the doctor just said you wouldn't arrive until tomorrow. If you don't mind my say so." Alfred said setting his coffee cup down gently. She sipped at her coffee and looked over.

"Well with the severe nature of the child we felt it necessary to speed up the process. Now if I may I have a lot to get through before I can take her out of here. Firstly what is her name?" She said pulling out a packet from the file.

"From what she told me it's Suzy. And she also doesn't have any parents. I'm afraid that's about all I know." I said picking up my rubbish and putting it in the trash.
She took a few notes and stood up.

"I need to go talk to the kid, so thank you Mr. Pennyworth, your help in this matter is greatly appreciated." She walked out of the room and I cleaned up after her shaking my head. I gave my number to the doctor and made my way to Suzy's room. The social worker was nowhere to be seen and Suzy was just sitting up watching the television, completely fascinated. I knocked on her door and when she waved me in she smiled.

"Well, you look much better. I'm afraid I have to be going soon, but I wanted to come say farewell and if you ever need anything, please pick up any phone and call this number." I said handing her a card with my name and number on it. She looked confused.

"I don't know how to use a phone." She said quietly. I smiled and showed her on the hospital rooms phone. I had her practice a few times until I was sure she could do it and smiled and gave me hug. I left after that and made my way to pick up Harley J. and Jeremy.

-----------------------------

Short I know, I'll update again soon.
😘