Chapter 17

*Harley J's P.O.V.*

Aunt Ivy seemed sad when she picked me up. She took me to her house and she showed me the new pretty flowers she had collected since I was last here. Her giant Venus Fly Traps seemed happy to see me though. I missed Jeremy and told Aunt Ivy all about him and told her about Jeremy's dad. She assured me his daddy was in Arkham right now. She didn't talk much but we sat and played with her plants for a while, she didn't talk much and her plants seemed sad.

"Aunt Ivy, why do you look different?" I asked while laying in a patch of Ukrainian Fire flowers.

"What? Oh I must have forgotten to take my make up back off." she said touching her face. I nodded but frowned.

"Auntie, I don't understand why you wear make up. Your green skin is so much prettier. Is that why your sad today?" I said sitting up. "I wish my skin was pretty like yours is Aunt Ivy. Then we'd be twins!"

*Ivy's P.O.V*

I smiled at that sweet little girl. She frowned and I realized I was crying. She got up and hugged me and wiped my tears away. She is very much like her mother. I hugged her back a little longer and got up to go to the bathroom. I used my cleanser and wiped off the make up. Harley J. clapped her hands. Together we made a special make up for her and for the whole night she looked like a baby, well, me.
She was so happy, shouting "twins twins twins" before we settled in for dinner.

Later that night she had fallen asleep in the garden. I picked her up and put her in the room I had designed for her. It was large and had plenty of toys that for the most part were largely untouched. She really only played with them if I was conducting experiments that I didn't want her involved in. She had a whole little garden area of her own in it. We worked together to grow her own flowers. She was so proud of it. I'm quite proud of her as well.

The feeling was coming back again. Harley J. is a sweet wonderful girl and as close to my own daughter as she could possibly be but she wasn't. I love her but.. Perhaps it's time to look into where she could be.

----------------------------------------------------

I'm so sorry for the small chapter hopefully shouldn't be too long before I update again! I really appreciated how much you all seem to like the story. I must say this is going to be a LONG LONG story. Might make it multiple books or just one mega long one. I typically write the most when ideas hit me but as I've pooled quite a bit now I'm quite excited for what's to come!