"Close friendship."

"Luce, I have work," Vero mumbled into the pillow as her girlfriend dragged her back onto the bed and cuddled into the back of her neck. "I'm gonna be late, you clingy bitch."

"Just fucking love me," Lucy nipped at the girl's shoulder and felt Vero turn over before their eyes met and Lucy still couldn't comprehend that this girl was in love with her. "Hey, baby." She beamed and Vero tried with all her might to be annoyed by frustrating excuse for a girlfriend but the smile was her weakness.

"I fucking love you." Vero's lips melted against Lucy's as perfectly as they had the very first time they kissed, it was hot and sweet, like chocolate over a flame and Lucy was immersed in all the feelings she'd ever felt towards her girl and more.

"You're the best thing that's ever happened to me," The older girl spoke just above a whisper as their lips parted. "The sex is probably just a little better, but you're pretty good too, baby."

"You're such a jerk." Vero slapped at Lucy's shoulder but smiled nonetheless. "What are you doing while I'm out?"

"I was gonna go see Mila and then maybe Lauren."

"Okay," The younger girl started to get up from the bed, knowing if she didn't in that moment that Lucy could very well lure her back into it. "Can you pick up milk on your way home? I won't be home till late."

"Sure," The older girl took a moment to admire her girlfriend minus a single item of clothing and felt her throat go dry.

She'd seen Vero naked countless times by now but she still found her to be the most breathtaking person in her life.

"Not mad that I'm hanging out with Mila?" Because Lucy was wondering how far Vero's tolerance extended.

"Nope," The younger brunette turned to face the girl in bed and cocked a hip, an eyebrow raised. "I've got nothing to worry about, my girlfriend's eyes are always stuck on me."

"You noticed that, huh?" Lucy slipped off the bed and rounded it towards Vero. "You're so fucking hot when you trust me."

"Then I must be hot all the time."

"You have no idea," Lucy's hands latched onto her girlfriend's side and tugged her closer so she could plant her lips firmly onto the inviting ones before her. "How about you not go to work tonight?" She teased, her hand slipping up Vero's exposed torso, her thumb grazing the underside of her girlfriend's breast.

"No, Luce, I have to go," Vero groaned, already feeling the effects of her girlfriend's touch.

"I know," Lucy whined and stepped back, well aware of the cold shower she'd have to endure now to get her body temperature back on track. "Could try, for like one day, to not be hot?"

"Only for you." The younger girl leaned forward and caught her girlfriend's bottom lip between her teeth, playfully pulling at it before letting it pop into place, she licked softly at the little nip marks she'd left there before gracing the stunned older girl with a light peck. "Think about that when you're hanging out with Camila."

Normani groaned as she heard her name being called again for the second time in the past ten seconds. She'd vacated the room in hopes she wouldn't get in the way but it seemed Dinah had other ideas.

"You know the dinner isn't for you, right?" Normani entered her girlfriend's dishevelled room and wandered how she ever came to fall for the girl in the first place.

"It's your dad's work function, I want to look like a good daughter-in-law."

Normani feigned a cringe. "Don't say shit like that."