"I hope she makes you happy."

Camila was leaving today.

And yesterday she'd kissed Maddy.

And she was sort of stuck for both things because one; she didn't really want to leave all that much and two; she had no idea what it meant for her relationship with Maddy. The pair had agreed on friendship, but surely they'd exceeded that through the kiss? Camila was sure of it.

Or at least, she wanted to be sure of it.

What Camila was sure of was that she was standing outside of the Jauregui house the very next day with no clear reason why.

She'd knocked a few seconds ago and heard footsteps on the other side so she knew she had to come up with an explanation quite soon or else she'd looked like she'd completely lost her mind. And it wasn't that Camila wanted to be standing outside of Lauren's door; she'd been driving to the airport, she figured she'd get there early and just read.

She hadn't had the time to just read for so long. Her line of work kept her busy, far too busy to indulge in life's little pleasures.

Keana opened Lauren's door with a dopey smile splattered across her lips right up until her eyes landed on Camila. Then every trace of happiness seemed to drain from the older girl's face. And Camila sort of hated that she had that affect on Keana because she had nothing against the girl and didn't see a reason as to why Keana should hate her.

"Hey," Camila tried for a smile in the hopes one would be reciprocated. "Could I have a word with Lauren?"

"I-uh-sure," Keana stepped back to let the younger brunette in. "Lauren!"

"Who is it, babe?" Camila recognised the husky voice call from her living room and wondered if Lauren's voice would always raise goosebumps on her skin.

"Camila." Keana called back a little softer and both girls heard the footsteps that followed the name.

"Camila?" Lauren made her entrance before her eyes landed on her ex-girlfriend.

"I'm gonna..." Keana looked to the door and sighed. "I'll see you tomorrow."

Lauren nodded slowly, her eyes sort of still locked on Camila but she averted them quickly to place a soft kiss on her girlfriend's lips. "I'll call you later." Lauren gave Keana's hand a soft squeeze before the light-haired girl made her exit. "Hey." The green-eyed girl greeted the brunette before her.

Truthfully, after the spectacle Lauren had made with Maddy, she was sure Camila wouldn't want anything to do with her for a long while and after leaving Lucy's place the day before, Lauren concluded that she was acting like a crazy person.

She'd accepted a long while ago that she was moving on from Camila and she started that with Keana. Nothing had changed in that respect, she shouldn't have acted like some deranged, jealous girlfriend in front of her current girlfriend and her ex.

"Hey, look, about the other day," She sighed, deciding it was probably best not to beat around the bush.

"You were out of line." Camila nodded, very well aware of how her ex's mind worked and how Lauren was going to try and talk her way out of this.

And she'll probably succeed.

And Camila still found that to be a problem.

"I was worried."

"You were jealous." Camila scoffed and walked past Lauren, still feeling that cold creep onto her skin just being in the Jauregui house.

She slipped into the living room and perched herself on the couch, hating how cold the leather felt on her already frosty skin. She felt the couch dip beside her and watched as Lauren ran a hand through her hair before burying her face in her hands.