"There's pineapple, that's a fruit, it counts."

"What was Lauren like when you dated her?"

The pair were perched on the couch, limbs entangled and hearts beating together smoothly. It was peaceful and warm.

It was nice.

"She was..."

"I kind of imagine her to be...rough. Sort of...distant." Maddy mumbled against Camila's chest as the brown-eyed girl continued to run her nimble fingers through Maddy's messy locks.

"No, she was gentle." Camila smiled softly, recalling those days when Lauren would be in the position she was currently in and she'd be in Maddy's place. Things had always felt so simple when it was just the two of them and the bubble they formed with their feelings. "She was difficult at time," The brunette continued to reminisce. "But never rough. She always kept her feelings for me on her sleeve, she never purposefully made me feel unloved. She was stubborn and protective but always beautiful. There wasn't a moment I was with her where I didn't think she was the most beautiful person I've ever met."

"You miss her." Maddy said it, she didn't ask and when Camila met her grey eyes, she knew she couldn't lie.

"I do." The celebrity nodded before leaning down and pressing a kiss to the other girl's forehead. "She was my first...everything. I think I'll always miss her."

And Camila tried to keep her face clear of any hint of emotion as she spoke the words, but the second Maddy's eyes left her, her eyes betrayed her and the pain was clear as day shining in them

"Does it upset you that I don't do more with my life?" Lucy looked up at her girlfriend as her head rested on the girl's toned legs.

"Does it bother you that you don't?" Vero raised her brows.

"We live together now."

"We do."

"I want to contribute."

"You contributed before you moved in. You bought groceries and even helped me pay the power bill a couple of times now." The younger girl chuckled as she toyed with her girlfriend's fingers.

"I want to do all of that...but regularly. Like...I don't want you to pay for everything. I want this to be our place, you know?"

"Babe, your job, it's...."

"It pays fuck all," The older Latina nodded. "I'll get a new job."

"Luce, babe, we're comfortable, aren't we?" Vero frowned, an intruding thought suddenly rearing its head. "Unless...this isn't enough for you?"

"No, holy shit," Lucy sat up immediately, the very thought that Vero could be questioning them making her nervous. Her knees settled on either side of Vero's legs as she straddled the girl and she took the younger girl's face between her hands. "You are more than enough, us-we-I love us. I love this. I just...I want to make sure you do."

"I love us." Vero nodded, her hands settling on Lucy's exposed waist. "I love you."

"Thank fuck," The older girl chuckled before placing a small kiss on her girlfriend's lips. "Don't ever think I want more than this, okay? There's nothing more than this to me, this is it. I'm gonna fucking marry you one day, Veronica Iglesias, and if you want kids, fuck, we'll do that as well. I used to feel so fucking empty before I met you and now I've never felt more alive and fulfilled...and it's you. You just-you-I-see? You still manage to leave me speechless."

"You want to marry me one day?" Lucy noted the dark eyes glossing over with unshed tears and the wide smile crossing her girlfriend's lips.

"All of it, babe," She nodded. "I want all of that bullshit suburban crap with you."