"Then do it."

Jealous:

Adjective

Feeling or showing a resentful suspicion that one's partner is attracted to or involved with someone else.

Or

Fiercely protective of one's rights or possessions.

Lauren knew she had no right to feel either one of those things. Camila was no longer her partner nor was she her possession.

But nevertheless, Lauren was sure that's what was eating at her since Camila showed up at Dinah's place with some crazy-haired bimbo in tow.

And it wasn't like Lauren wanted Camila again, after the night of the party she was sure of that. They were over, done, with no hopes of getting back what they once had. The beauty of their love had dimmed and faded until Lauren's eyes were opened to Keana.

Keana, who she knew she felt intense feelings towards bordering on love. Keana, who would wake her up some mornings with kisses all over her face. Keana, who Lauren would sometimes will herself to wake up before the sleeping girl just so she could watch the peaceful expression cross her face.

So Lauren didn't want Camila because she had Keana and her life had just been this perfect, clear, uncomplicated sequence of events since she met the girl. But Lauren couldn't find it in her to like Maddy.

She just couldn't.

Maybe it had something to do with the girl just...looking too perfect. Because she did. Lauren wasn't blind to her light eyes and her star-quality smile and it irked Lauren that Camila seemed to be so consumed with the girl in such a small period of time.

But then again, Camila had a tendency to fall hard and fast. That just made Lauren even more curious about Maddy...and feeling slightly protective of her ex-girlfriend.

"You're being a freak." Lucy mumbled as she tossed Vero's stress ball at Lauren's head.

For the past hour Lauren had been searching every form of social media Lucy was signed up to on any information on Maddy.

"Trust me, I cyber-stalked the bitch on every platform, she's clean. She's hot too." Lucy eyed Lauren with a raised brown to see the green-eyed girl turn to her with a scowl. "I'm just saying, you have Keana, the fuck is up with you getting all up in Camila's business?"

"She could be trying to fuck with Camz." Lauren shrugged off her best friend's question.

"Camz," Lucy chuckled lightly, rolling her eyes. "You call her that more now after you guys dated."

"It's always been her nickname."

"Mila is her nickname, Camz is just the name you called her when you fucked up and wanted to get back in her good graces...and also her panties."

"Okay whatever," Lauren waved off her friend's babbling and focused on the profile on Lucy's phone. "She's studying philosophy, what the hell is she gonna do with that?"

"I don't know...be philosophical? Lauren, we don't know this girl, but we do know Mila is really happy, and you're supposed to be as well, so can't you just let it go?"

"I am happy," Green eyed glared daggers at the girl lounging on the bed. "Doesn't mean I can't look out for a friend."

"Oh, and you and Camila are friends?"

"What the fuck else do you think we are?"

"You guys were never friends, Lauren." Lucy reminded the raven-haired girl before getting up from her girlfriend's bed to retrieve the toy she'd tossed at Lauren. "Don't you go bullshitting yourself thinking otherwise."