"I'm thinking you're everything."

"So what now?" It was the third time Camila asked Lauren the same question in the space of a week.

The girls had yet to find an apartment that met both of their liking and so they were still stuck in the Cabello household, much to Lauren's dismay.

It wasn't that she didn't love living with the family, she did. She loved Sofi, she loved Alejandro...but Sinuhe...well Sinuhe tried to kill the woman Lauren loved some time ago and she'd yet to work up a tolerance for the woman.

And it sort of bugged Lauren how easily the mother had wormed her way back into her family's heart. Lauren remembered the nights where Camila would just ask her 'why'...why did Sinu want to kill her? Why her?

So it was really hard for Lauren to see past her girlfriend's hurt from that time and see a changed woman in Sinuhe...and Camila was beginning to notice.

"Now I guess I start studying." Lauren shrugged lightly, the pair were laid back on Camila's bed with the younger cuddled up to the older. "And then I get an amazing job so we can start a proper life together."

"I remember when you hated the idea of thinking about the future." Camila looked up into those familiar green orbs and smiled. "All you were sure of then was me and all I was sure of was you. It was always just us."

"That's still the one thing I'm most sure of, Cabello," A pair of plump lips pressed themselves against a tanned forehead. "Even though there was a pause in between, you were always it. So don't fucking leave me again, you hear?"

"You loved Keana." Camila sat up and sort of leaned over Lauren so their eyes could meet without struggle. "Do you still love her?"

"I'll always love Keana for the person that she was to me, she really brought me out of a shitty rut, Camz, but I'm not in love with Keana," The raven-haired girl rolled her eyes. "I'm with you, idiot, how the hell can I even look at anyone else anymore?"

"This is really real? Cause I'm stuck in my mind and my mind is telling me this has to be a dream."

"This is real. We're real. We're moving in to some ridiculously expensive apartment soon and somewhere down the line we'll get a pet, preferably a puppy, and...this is endgame, Cabello. We're endgame." And almost as if sealing the deal, Lauren leaned forward and connected their lips in a searing kiss that reminded Camila exactly how real everything was.

Evidently quite satisfied with Lauren's answer, Camila let her body come to rest beside the green-eyed girl's once more and settled with playing with the hem of her girlfriend's shirt. Her eyes soon diverted to the dark ink tainting the creamy skin beneath it.

"You've never told me what your tattoos mean."

"You've never asked."

"I'm asking now," Camila looked up to find those emerabld orbs already looking down at her.

"There's a lot of them." Lauren sighed when she saw the resolve in Camila's eyes, the girl wasn't about to let this go.

"Just tell me the important ones. The ones that mean something signifcant to you."

"The halo on my wrist," The older girl turned her hand around to point at the small tattoo, it was barely the size of a fingernail. "My dad used to call me his angel when I was a kid, back when everything wasn't nearly as complicated as it is now."

"Do you ever miss the relationship you had with your parents? You told me once that you had something good with your mom as well."

"Every teenager wishes they could be a kid again because we're hyped up on all these stupid hormones and emotions...things were easier back then, nothing was complicated by overthinking and irrationality."