"I was wondering when you'd show up."

"You're fucking what?" Lucy could barely meet Lauren's gaze as she paced angrily in front of the green-eyed girl, completely stunned by what she'd just heard.

"I'm moving to Los Angeles. I'm gonna be living with Camila." The raven-haired girl shrugged as if the very idea didn't sound completely ridiculous to Lucy.

"Are you fucking insane!" Vero flinched back at her girlfriend's tone but decided to bite her tongue in this situation.

When it came to Lauren and Lucy, Vero knew it was best she set her own opinion aside and let the pair sort things out on their own.

"Why would you do that! You finally have a life here, Lauren. You had Keana, you were gonna get a job, you're clean."

"It's Camila," Lauren ran a pale hand through her unruly locks. "It's always been Camila."

And Lucy sort of knew it too. She knew the spell Camila could unknowingly cast and she knew Lauren had been trapped it in since the day the pair met. So she didn't know if she was more upset about the prospect of her best friend leaving her or the fact that Lauren was opening her heart to heartbreak again at the hands of the very person who'd broken it the first time around.

Maybe Lucy was just protective.

Lauren had been through so much in her short nineteen years of life that Lucy sort of saw it as her duty to make sure nothing more happened. Hell, Lauren took a bullet for her, it was the least Lucy could offer her in return.

But Lauren was right.

It was Camila. For Lauren, Lucy knew it always started with Camila and would more than likely end with her.

"When?" She sighed in defeated as she sat back onto her girlfriend's lap and felt Vero's slim around wrap around her waist, the very touch warm and comforting.

And she understood why Lauren would give everything up for those very feelings.

Lucy would give up just about anything if it meant she'd find herself wrapped up in Vero's arms for the rest of her life.

"She's sorting out how to get my things over there right now with Dinah." Lauren smiled, recalling how she parted with Camila that very morning at the hotel with a kiss to promise they'd find each other later.

"What about your car?" Because Lucy could not imagine Lauren abandoning that vehicle for anything.

Lauren dug into her back pocket with a soft smile in place. Her keys jingled in front of her a second later and she sighed as she fingered the contours of each key attached to the right.

And then the jingling was closing in on Lucy until she noticed just in time the flying object heading her way and catching it. When she opened her curled fingers, Lauren's car keys were resting on her palm.

"Keep her clean, Vives," Lauren was eyeing her best friend with a fond smile on her lips. "And don't milk the clutch too much, I know how you drive."

"Wait, what?" Lucy looked from the keys in her hand to the green eyes watching her intently. "Lauren, you love this car. It's the only thing you've ever openly admitted to loving before Camila showed up."

"And then she did," The pale girl nodded. "I don't need the car anymore, Luce. It's more of a hassle getting it there. I got the fucking girl." Lucy watched as an almost shy smile played on Lauren's lips as she dropped her gaze to the floor. "I'm starting over with Camila, complete clean slate. It's real this time."

Dinah side-eyed her best friend with a knowing smirk as they left the transport building, feeling almost giddy as she noticed the beaming smile on Camila's lips.