Chapter One | Jump

A/n (HAH, NOW YOU HAVE TO READ IT!)
1) Frisk is a she—don't lecture me about it, I know. It's important to the plot though, that's all I can tell you.
2) Look out for clues in this book, you're gonna wanna search for those. Infact, there's one in this chapter that reveals your soul trait!
3) All A/Ns in Bold lettering are important to read.
4) I'll keep a maximum word count per chapter of 1500 and minimum of 500 so as to not bore you with the smallest of details and or annoy you with the shortest chapters.
5) [If you came from 'My Sunshine', you should take note of this one and if not, you can now continue the story.] This is just to get a fresh start. I'll come up with ideas soon for MS(My sunshine), I promise.
NEW 6) [ i'll do that to my sunshine after all this editing ]
NEW 7) music video every chapter ma doods (doesn't have to be related tho and you don't have to play it)

Now, onto the story.
---

"Come on, sis! I really wanna prove to those douchebags that the rumors are true. Get the phone ready!"

"Are you sure you want to risk your life just so that you can get those... mammals to stop picking on us? I mean, I do believe the legend and you, don't get me wrong," I chuckle deeply. "but this might be a little too much.. even for You, Frisk. And who taught you that lang—" "You can't spell Frisk without risk!" "You'll get hurt. And it's my job to avoid that." "Yeah, Mom." "Seriously? You're like a year older than me." "I'm 18, you're 17, I can call you whatever I want!" "Pshhh. Just don't say I didn't warn you, buddy."

We trecked up the mountain, wind blowing. The wind blows hair in my face. And it's getting annoying that it's always smack in the middle of my nose—it gets ticklish when my hair reaches there. This is also why I regret not ponytailing my hair before coming along. Frisk's hair is cut short but has some bangs. I envy her sometimes...

We finally get to a cave entrance that's barricaded by wood. Knowing how old this must have been, I kick the planks of old oak into pieces and light seeped into the cave. We pressed through, curiosity building up.

... "I never thought the hole would be THAT big.." She stared in awe.

Never thought my sis would get so.. desperate about getting back at those jerks.. I mean all they did was call us names from time to time and... physically come in contact with our faces... Okay. Yeah, who in their right mind would beat up two grown women just because of a different belief?

Now that I think about it, I do want to get back at them. "Frisk, what are you doing?" She stared into the hole. "I'm gonna break the barrier and humiliate them on TV.. Perfect!!" Before she was able to jump, I grabbed her by the collar of her blue sweater.

"Nuh-uh, nope. You only said we only came here for pictures. You're not gonna die on me—not on my watch." I held my wrist-watched hand infront of her, snickering.

"I'm already beginning to regret bringing you along.." She puts a palm to her face, making a slapping sound. But she snickers. The sound bounced across the cave room, like many other dissaproving people had done the same. And they laugh too. "Ha! My puns are funny!" You grin triumphantly. "You wish." She rolls her eyes.

"By the way... by pictures, I meant pictures of monsters. They won't exactly believe the legend with just a hole in the ground, sis." She stared deep into the abyss, fists affixed on her hips, looking very.. what's the word? Determined? Yeah, thats the word.

"You still thinking about jumping?" I broke the silence. "I'm not thinking about it.." There was a tone in her voice that worried me. A lot.

"I'm gonna do it." She turns around, facing me. Before I could even react, she falls backwards into the hole. I mutter a short list of profanities under my breath before following right after her.

... The drop is long, to say the least. I'm not scared, I knew this was coming. One trait our mother always said was prominent in my personality was that I was fearless.. but I'd like to think otherwise. I'm most definitely afraid of the dark, betrayal, and being alone, that's why I followed Frisk. Either that, or I remember her telling me something about halving her weekly allowance with me after we got back... huh...

I realize I'm still free-falling atleast 50 miles an hour and turn on my gut's side to see whether I'm close to the ground or not and if Frisk was—Oh, she's right under me. Aaand we're about to die. But I have a strong feeling we won't... odd.

I grabbed her arm and pulled her towards me through the air, curling up into a ball with her and braced for impact.

... That's not much of an impact.. it seems we landed on a pile of golden flowers—Buttercups, I think..

I check to see if my phone is alright—who knows what I'd do if it would get crushed. I've had it since I was 8 and all of my social media accounts are on there. Facebook, Wattpad, and my Youtube channel of a hundred and two subscribers—mainly because of my song covers.

Thank God, it's still good. But the battery is at 23% and I doubt there would be a charging station for an iPhone 6S in an underworld. Better go save the batteries then..

Speaking of worrying, I totally neglected Frisk the whole time. I nudge her with my elbow, waking her up. Wait, she slept?

"What time is it?" Frisk stared up at me with those monday-morning eyes. "Time for us to find a way to get out of this hole in the ground. Now c'mon, there's a hallway right there and it has our names written all over it." "And did you seriously just forget your entire master plan of 'breaking the Barrier and humiliating them on TV'?" I mocked, doing my best Frisk impression, keeping a straight face.

"Maybe. Maybe not.."

---