Chapter 10 | Aftermath

---

That was fucking hilarious, did that actually happen to him? Grillby must be very happy because there are a ton of customers here, there are atleast 40 more monsters occupying the bar than before. I finish my fries.

Sans is drinking a bottle of ketchup. Well that's not unusual. The part where he's drinking ketchup—normal. I used to do that with ketchup packets. The part where he can eat n' drink—why and how?

I look at Sans—he's blushing. Wait, what? Why? Then he looks at me.

"Is this just a staring contest or should I stop looking?" I speak after like five seconds. He looks away, I can feel the cringe he's probably feeling right now.

"About that favor..." He finishes the bottle of ketchup. "Oh, right. Where can I eat the said spaghetti?" "Come by the house that looks like it was hit by a Christmas tree later. It's like the last house before the snow ends. You'll probably run into Paps, but it's better if you get to know him before coming over there. And don't worry about getting captured, really.. He wouldn't hurt a fly.... you should understand blue attacks by now.." He mutters. Blue attacks? Like that one doggo we pet before? "Well... I'm gonna go there now, so you two're on your own." He stood up from his seat. "Oh, okay. Bye!" I waved. The door didn't even make a sound yet he was no where to be seen. Can he teleport or something?

I stand up from my stool, stretching a bit since his performance was atleast half an hour long. "Come on, Frisk. We're gonna go meet Papyrus." Frisk nods and gets off the stool.

We exit the bar, the cold air almost putting me out of balance. Frisk tugs my hand forward, she probably knows where to go already. Another weird thing, it's like she knows this place like the back of her hand. Hmm...

We see a few more houses along the way, but one was growing really bright. It had red and green Christmas lights, snow all over the roofs, and a wreath on the door. But then we see a tall figure in the distance, its white and red orange and it's moving quickly towards us. That's Papyrus probably, so we stop in our tracks and wait for him to get a little closer.

He stops 10 feet away from us, and in his voice's normal volume, he exclaims "HOOOOMANS! I SEE YOU HAVE AVOIDED ALL MY TRAPS AND HAVE SOLVED MY PUZZLES EXPERTLY! IT SEEMS THE TIME HAS COME FOR ME TO ATTEMPT TO CAPTURE YOU! WE MUST ENGAGE IN COMBAT, SO PREPARE YOURSELVES FOR SOME PRETTY COOL ATTACKS!" The battle scene becomes black and white and the stuff that appears just appears. Let's just call that the Battledex for now.

His theme song plays in the background, a very upbeat and cheerful tune. Frisk wants to do this turn for some reason. Frisk... flirts?!!

"WHAT? FLIRTING?! L-LET'S DATE LATER.." Date?!?! What?!!!!! His attack is a bunch of blue bones, that's good because my soul won't even move a muscle.

.... me and my big mouth. It starts moving all over the box, oblivious to the attacks that will probably kill me. Surprisingly, it dodges all the bones, even if it didn't even have to move at all. And the bones disappear. But then, Frisk's and my soul turn dark blue and they move to the bottom of the box as if gravity applies to them now. Two small white bones hit them since they're coming from the bottom. -2HP. Our souls flicker from transparent to normal, like a time-out for cooldowns.

"THAT'S MY ATTACK!" He 'nyeh heh heh's.

Frisk spares Papyrus. "SO YOU DON'T WANT TO FIGHT? YOU WANT TO DATE NOW??? WELL I'M NOT GIVING UP JUST YET! SURVIVE MY SPECIAL ATTACK AND THEN WE CAN DATE AT MY HOUSE!" A little white dog carrying a big bone it it's mouth appears.

"HEY! THAT'S MY SPECIAL ATTACK! GET BACK HERE YOU.." He sighs. Even his sighs are loud. "I GUESS I'LL JUST USE A COMPLETELY NORMAL ATTACK." The dog runs away with it's meal.

"HERE IS A COMPLETELY NORMAL ATTACK.." A big wave of bones comes from the right side of the box, my soul wouldn't move even just a tiny bit to save itself. Hell, it's going towards the bones. Frisk is somehow able to defy the laws of her blue soul, and go over all of the bones. Then the pain. -4HP, -4HP, -4HP, -4HP until I'm at 2HP left. I can see the guilt in his eyes though... The turn isn't even over yet. Then I see this giant bone and I just close my eyes, accepting defeat.

... Huh?

Where is the attack?... I open my eyes and my soul has created a small shield around it, blocking the big bone and the turn ends. First, my soul can make attacks disappear. Now it can create shields? Eh, I'm starting to like this one. Despite the color, it's able to keep me from dying.

"IT IS OBVIOUS.. THAT YOU CANNOT.. HUFF.. DEFEAT THE GREAT PAPYRUS... SO.. HUFF... I SHALL ACCEPT YOUR MERCY!" The Battledex disappears, the area fading into it's original colors. The pain in my body is very hard to endure, and I'm pretty sure I have a big wound on my right arm since that 'completely normal' attack just murdered the right side of my soul. Other than that, I'm totally fine!

I collapse into the snow, the cold soothing the pain a lot like an ice pack. Frisk gasps, from what I hear and she shakes my arm. "I'm okay, there's just this." I raise my right arm. "Papyrus, can you do something?" "O-OF COURSE, LITTLE HUMAN.. I REALLY DID NOT MEAN TO HURT THE BIGGER HUMAN SO MUCH LIKE THAT." He picks me up like a child, while I can hear Frisk's footsteps in the snow behind. I end up sleeping on his shoulder.

--- Sans ---

I'm just sitting on one side of the couch when Pap comes in holding the girl while Frisk trails behind, closing the door behind her. I notice a Big wound on the girl's right arm when Pap lays her on the couch next to me, head rested beside me. I just stare wide-eyed at the wound and the girl.. was that Papyrus....? no, no.. not possible.. Her hoodie's right arm's side is torn because of the wound, and the small portion of surrounding fabric is dark red. I cringe at the wound, I can almost see the bone.... ugh..

He uses his healing magic, the wound sealing up but leaving a scar, and her other minor injuries are healed too.. "I GUESS SHE WON'T BE ABLE TO COME FOR THE DATE... WELL THEN IT'S JUST YOU AND ME, FRISK! SANS, COULD YOU WATCH OVER HER UNTIL WE GET BACK?" I nod, eyes locked on the girl.

I still don't know her name.

---