Chapter Five | Pie and Drawing

---

Well that was a weird dreamless sleep. I sit up, greeting Frisk 'Good Morning' and stare at the wall like I'm forgetting something. Oh yeah, this is why Frisk doesn't like to sleep beside me. In the morning, every time I wake up, I get this surge of energy a few seconds after I wake up. And it should be right about.... "BREAKFAAAST!!!" I battle cry, feeling so pumped for whatever reason my body has. I dart out the room, almost breaking through the door if it wasn't for Frisk's quick thinking and inhale the Butterscotch-Cinnamon scent that has lingered in the air. I continue down the hallway, tracking the scent of the heaven that my nose is in.

It's coming from the living space and or dining space. I run inside, Toriel is sitting in her armchair reading a book by the fireplace. There are two plates of what looks like Butterscotch-Cinnamon pie slices on the table. They look so.. perfect.... I grab a fork and cut off a piece to eat. Before it even reaches my tastebuds, my nose is already loving it. I close my mouth, piece of pie inside.

"This is... wow." I cant even describe the heavenly taste of the pie... The whipped cream on top.. and the sweetness is just right.. the pie is perfectly and expertly baked and its not too hot or cold... and.. And that's just a bite of it. I get to eat the whole. giant. slice. All to myself. Oh man, I sound like a man in love. Well—I am in love with this pie.

"Do you enjoy the pie, my child?" Toriel chuckled, eyes affixed on her book still. "How do you bake this good? Please teach me, I can't even manage to fry an egg in fear of the popping oil." I pleaded, taking another bite of the pie.

"I'm sure we'll have enough time to even give Frisk lessons. But, for now I have to go do something important. Wake up Frisk—her pie might get cold." She got up and set her book on the armrest, going into the other room. "Okay." I walk into the hallway, catching a glimpse of Toriel's dress. What's down there? Hmm.. I'll have to explore a little maybe...

I went into our room and found Frisk still in bed. Thought she was awake..

"Frisk, wake up. There's a slice Butterscotch Cinnamon pie on a table in the dining area and it's about to get cold." She sits up almost immediately and runs out the door—probably to wolf it down once she gets her hands on it.

I go after her, I'm not gonna leave my pie unfinished.

~•~•~•~

We decide to draw some stuff after breakfast 'cause I managed to find a stack of papers and some drawing materials. I set up the materials on the floor in our room and get started on drawing. Frisk grabs a pillow first to sit on because she says the floor is dirty. But I don't mind—I'm laying flat on my gut and technically is filling up the whole space.

"What are you gonna draw, Frisk?" I ask her, still continuing my expectation of what Sans would look like. Wait, why am I even—you know what nevermind. I'm already done with the sketch and it's pretty average compared to my other ones. "I'm gonna draw that pie." "You still hungry?" "Nah, I just wanna cherish the experience. That pie was amazing." "True, true.." Then Frisks looks at my drawing. "Ey, who are you drawing?" "What I think Sans looks like." "You like him, don't you?" Frisk smirked. "Eh, You could say that..." I smirk back.

The drawing seems pretty good. He's a skeleton, a head's length taller than me—considering the fact that Toriel towers over me at seven feet tall. He's wearing a blue t-shirt and has white pants that go up until his ankles and is wearing blue sneakers. His hands are in the pockets of his pants and he's smirking. His head shape is much like a skull but the lower part is rounded. I'm not very familiar with skeleton anatomy. He is also winking—something I added on a few minutes ago. Eyesocket is hollow, but there's a blue iris in the center. He's a bit on the thin side, but not thinner than me.

"I'm pretty proud of this one—but I doubt it looks even like him

"I'm pretty proud of this one—but I doubt it looks even like him." I show her the finished drawing. "Hey... That's pretty good." Frisk grabs the drawing and examines it with her squinted eyes.

"You wanna bet?" She smirks. "If this looks like him, you have to... hmm.. Oh!! If it looks even remotely like him, he has to hug you for five seconds. Back hug." "What? Why him? Why are you bringing him into this mess?" "Because I ship it." She laughs, putting the drawing back on the floor infront of me.

"And if it doesn't look like him?" "Then I give you 25% more of my weekly allowance." I pause for a moment. "I like the odds of that. We have a deal, Frisk." I shake her hand. Then she shows me her drawing. "It looks like Bill Cipher but without the limbs and top hat and he's melting. Why are there lines there??" "Those are the crust lines! Don't you know art?" "Pshh, your practical test in Arts was to draw a realistic person—not a stickman!" I roll my eyes. Then there's silence as I go on with my next drawing. It's Frisk and I in the cave.

"I'm bored, can't we explore?" Frisk stands up, examining my drawing. I shake my head, still concentrated. "There's a downstairs part to the house, if you didn't notice. Wanna explore that?" I think for a moment then nod. I stand up, deciding to finish the drawing later.

---