07

yo guys all the nice af comments on the last chapter were so amazing!! thank you all who commented it made my day!!

don't forget to vote if you enjoyed this chapter :D

_________________________________________________________

My back tenses when he finally looks away from me. My muscles coil, everything about me is on edge. 

Just as soon as the thought of bounding away into the woods enters my mind, the wolf king speaks, "Don't do it little fox."

I clench my jaw and note that he tacks that fucking fox thing on everything he says to me. 

 The wind hit's my bare neck and the pull of the forest surrounding us calls to me. I breathe in the forest. For a split second, I feel calm. I can hear the trees sway, feel the cold air and the need to explore the area tears me apart.  

I sense his eyes on me, his voice is much softer when he asks, "The forest..." He stops, I still do not look at him, but I can tell that he is picking his words carefully around me, "Does it-"

I cut him off, "It is a part of me." I don't elaborate, my words sound final.

Facing him I don't expect a response, "After dinner, you can walk through them." For a moment, my heart soars. A chance! The gods are giving me a chance! "With me." He finishes. 

My hope drops off the side of a cliff. A part of me curls in on itself. I do not like him and I do not like this place and I do not like the way this forest is singing to me, her whispers wanting to carry me forward.

The castle in front of me looks sinister. Maybe it's the dark clouds shrouding it or maybe it's the fact that I know this is where monsters dwell. 

He starts walking towards the structure and when I don't follow he turns, "Come, little fox." The demand in his voice is evident.

I want to tell him that that is not my name. I want to fight him and all the things he is forcing on me. 

Queen, human, girl, and now, possibly even the wolf king's pet. 

I have no fight left in me. I've fought my whole life. For everything, from food to my own basic rights. And where did it get me? Staring a cold king in the eyes with no army backing me up. Not at all how I dreamed it.

Our rebellion was supposed to change the world.

The memories feel heavy on my mind.

Reality has always been so different from dreams anyways.

I slink behind him, not quite wanting to follow him, but not having any means to not follow him in.

The gate leading in is wide open, giant metal bars, it's almost prison like.

The path leading up to the castle was paved, we didn't have something like that at the village. The texture felt strange on my foot, not quite smooth but not like dirt.

Chills run up my spine, I quickly fall into step beside him. I regret my decision as soon as I made it. The sound of his boots crunching on the ground remind me of the guards. An overwhelming urge to get away from him enwraps me. The guards never did treat us kindly. Those memories will never fade.

I suspect it will be the same here.

A butler of sorts greats us at the heavy door, the king gives him a brisk nod and the butler bows, "My king, queen. I hope your ride went smoothly."

The king simply nods his head again. He then grasps onto my arm pulling me along with him.

The ground is white marble, gleaming. The outside looked archaic but the inside was modern. Minimalistic. No sense of home.

I try to memorize the twists and turn of this place. Trying to ensure that I can escape when the moment arises. But everything looks the same. It was like a maze.

Everything here was so different from my village. So cold. Just like it's king. Almost as if it was instinct my hand grips his arm. The need to feel some warmth overtaking my feelings to stay away from the king. He doesn't push me off and I'm relieved he doesn't mention it.

After at least 10 more turns and multiple flights of granite stairs we are faced with a dark double door, twice the size of me in both length and height, with a gold handle.

I can tell immediately as soon as he pushes the door open that this his wing. 

Paintings of what I can only assume are past kings and queens litter the walls. My eyes stop at a portrait of two women, both beautiful, one has hazel skin, one has porcelain. They look truly in love. 

He catches me staring, "Queen Amadel and Queen Vivian. Some of the best rulers in our history. Known for their cunning and ambition and their vicious loyalty to their citizens."

The words are out of my mouth before I can stop them, "They seem very regal."

I don't miss the small flicker of something in the kings eyes at my words. I don't want to know why.

They must've been strong. From what I've heard, the werewolf kingdom is not always passed down through heritage, you can challenge the former king to the death and if you win, you gain the lands. If you lose, you lose your life. The weak follow the strong.

The king who stands beside me fought to the death and he won. Through sheer violence and ruthlessness. 

I do not trust the king.

Even if they are wolves, a flicker of admiration runs through me for the queens. It could not have been easy.

He takes off his boots and I take the chance to look around. 

Immediately, I am drawn to the huge fireplace. I can already imagine myself sitting in front of it for hours, just reading and basking in the light of the flames. I shake the thoughts out of my head. I can't let this luxury get to me. I'm still not 100% sold on the queen thing. Maybe this is all a ploy, to ensnare me and then humiliate me in front of other humans. Maybe this will be the final nail in the coffin to try to stop the human uprising. 

Vigorously I remind myself, never trust a wolf king. 

I then see the kitchen, straightaway my mind jumps to food. To gather as much as I can before it's gone.

My feet move on their own. I'm not even that hungry, we just ate a little under two hours ago. Yet, all the years of starvation rush up to me at once. The feeling of anxiety, that I have to get to it before it disappears.

His hand is on my shoulder. 

I know he knows what I was thinking. But how? How does he do it? It unnerves me how much he senses about me without even knowing me. I do not appreciate it.

"You'll never starve again little fox. Not while I still breathe."

My reply is bitter and twisted, "Even I know kings fall. Nothing is insured wolf king. I do not trust your pretty words."

His grip on me tightens just a fraction. Other than that he ignores my words completely. "We will be eating with some of the pack in about an hour after you settle in. Try to relax little fox."

Does he not understand that letting my guard down around anyone I do not know, wolf or not, is a matter of life and death.

This world has not treated me kindly, monsters lurk underneath the skin of men and eat girls up. 

My little wolf king included. 

________________________-

yep gay queens. i know !! shocker, lesbians?? existing in a werewolf story??? crazy!!! 

actually i do plan on writing a separate story for them, and i'm really excited!! 

anyways please please please vote if you enjoyed this chapter, maybe even comment? like honestly! what are you guys thinking??? what is going through your heads??? it feels like i'll never know!

also this is completely unedited so ....,... sorry lol