Chapter 28

(dont forget to vote :D <3)

We left early the next morning, the sun rising just on the horizon of the barren wasteland. There were no goodbyes, no 'safe passages' it was quiet, light. It was time to leave this horrid place.

+++

The carriage ride was smooth, he feels like he can trust me more now, last night worked better then I could have imagined. But it was hard to scheme when all I wanted to see were my trees. For now, I'll let kings be kings.

+++

At the stop of our carriage, we were greeted by a multitude of wolves but the only one I really cared to see was Natia, she gave me a strange sort of look, sharp at every edge. 

I drank it like nectar.

+++

He wanted to show me something after we officially settled back in. I followed him without question.

+++

The sun's warm glow caresses my face as I lay in his arms. I look up at his harsh, angular face, his dark eyes, and raven black hair.

Looking back, I do not remember exactly how I got here. I remember the pain, the heartache, and the hatred. Yet I do not remember exactly how I got here. To be laying in a king's arms. In a werewolf's arms at that.

Here I lay, though. Still looking at him, I wonder if I truly love him. If I truly care for him even now. To love a king is a thankless thing. Harsh and brutal and full of anguish.

I've done some things I regret, to ensure my position here. To make sure they all know what a true queen is.

I feel his hand touching my hair, he whispers that it gleams like fire. "My warrior queen," he says. His voice soft and soothing all my doubts. I hum in response.

I finally turn away. I close my eye's and soak up the sun. His hand is still there, my hair still so short that it couldn't be more than half an inch long.

His long fingers move down my neck. Sending shivers and light tingles throughout my body.

Although I may not feel pure happiness, I feel peace. It seems that is all I'll ever need.

+++

I could feel him in my mind, he wanted to know if I could be trusted to be queen. Clever wolf. Well, there he has it. He thinks I'll be his pretty queen, who gets angry every once in a while but can always eventually be sated.

We all see what we want to see in the end.

But I'm not here to love a king, I'm here to kill one.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

welp that just happened!! i got yall, everyone was like "omg its so stupid we already know  how it's going to end!! whats the point!!

*insert shrug emoji*

we are finally entering the final act of the story! do with that what you will

I"M sure YALL WILL HAVE a lOT to say about this so make sure to leave ur thoughts down in the comments, i know its short but thats bc its a transition coming full circle1

DONT FORGET TO VOTE :D