19

don't forget to vote :DD

also just like an update, since i've gotten a few comments on this, yes, there are a lot of gay/bi girls in this story, a lot of lesbian relationships, why? bc i want there to be, i'm bi and i'm starved for some gay ass content so i wrote a lot in here!

and there still some more to come so like just a warning lmao

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The walk back the house was silent. Eery. Nehulla every once in a while would snarl if the king dare even look back at her, but besides that, just our heavy footsteps in a forest that is unnaturally quiet. 

"I want to talk to Natia."

My voice is too loud here. It seems to bounce off the trees, finding its way back to my ears.

Ares looks down at me. His eyes lazily assessing me. 

I'm reminded so quickly and harshly that it feels like a physical punch to the gut. This man in front of me is a predator. He's a threat and I need to tread carefully.

I suppress a shiver when he tilts his head, his dark hair falling in his face. Something I notice Nehulla had done when we looked at each other for the first time.

We've stopped walking now. Nehulla is on edge, even she can sense a strange sort of tension here.

"Why?" His voice scratches my mind in a way that isn't necessarily uncomfortable. 

I bite the inside of my cheek.

Why did I want to talk to Natia? What could she offer me? Would she actually help me? Or is she loyal to a man I want to see slaughtered?

Clearing my throat, I meet his eyes. Annoyed to find faint amusement hiding behind his strange facade.

"I like her."

It was the truth.

His smirk causes a knot to form in my stomach.

"Me too little fox, me too."

+++

It is so cold here. So so cold.

It is black. Nothing else but endless darkness. Suffocating me. 

I hear a laugh. So cold. It is so so cold.

The laughing stops, morphing into a scream. A scream that scratches down my mind. That pushes the very boundaries of human noises.

Yet I see nothing, no one, and the screaming never wavers.

Helpless, so helpless here.

+++

"Your majesty?"

I jerk from my sleep haphazardly. The strange almost inhuman screaming still etched in my mind. That is a nightmare that will follow me forever.

I run my hand over my head. For the first time since my father cut it off, I miss my frizzy locks. 

I let out one last breath. I wonder if it would be useless to pray to Hylla for strength now. 

Looking to the back of the room, I see Natia leaning against the doorframe.

Her dark brown hair is swept up into a ponytail. Her training gear strung across her body.

Her smile is so gentle, so different from Anula's, so different from Are's smirk.

I could shatter just from the sincerity of it. I don't though. I have to hold myself together. No use falling apart to ruin the fragile mask I've given myself here among the wolves.