10

i would really suggest listening to the above song while reading this :D it's what i listened too to get into the mood for this chapter!!

as always, don't forget to vote if you enjoyed and if you're really feeling up to it maybe even comment? 

_____________________________________________________________

He walked by my side, as always, raw power leaked from him. All the servants around us skittling out of his way like frightened mice. I tried making eye contact with one of them, seeing if I could find a potential ally in one of them. They all chose to keep their heads down. Unable to meet my eyes.

I wanted to scream in frustration. I was in desperate need of someone who could navigate inside these castle walls. Someone who could be trusted.

My mind wandered over to his gamma. The way she talked to me, she could possibly be a partner of sorts. 

Doubt hit me hard. I knew wolves, I knew their loyalties. They would never betray their king for a human girl. Even those who say they would.

Words are different than actions. As they say, easier said, then done. 

I wish I could say I blame them, but a king's wrath is never a walk in the park. A king's wrath could and would, get you killed.

I steal a glance at the wolf king walking beside me, his face neutral, it seems he is always either angry or nothing at all. Strange wolf. 

I've never been one to appreciate an angry man. Their tempers cause the earth to shake beneath them, and bruises and scars to form on young girls. 

My own anger only making things worse.

Sometimes, I regret the way I've acted. I think, maybe, maybe if I had just stayed quiet, maybe if I hadn't gotten angry that time, maybe if I had just kept my head down, maybe maybe maybe. 

You can never run from those thoughts, the what if's, the but's, the should have's. They haunt you. What could've happened that night? If I had just kept my own temper in check? Would the ones I care about the most still be here? Would I even be here now?

I'm jerked out of my own thoughts as the king stops abruptly.

I can hear loud chattering behind the door we stand in front of. All the voices on the other side mingling together as one solid force.

Eyeing the man beside me, wondering why we haven't just walked in. I was ready to face the monsters in front of me. I'm no longer a little girl. I'm not afraid of them.

Some might call me stupid for that, but at the end of the day. They are no different than human men. Violent, volatile, wild and guiltless. I face monsters every day.

To fear them by this point, that would be stupid. 

My little wolf king glances at me. I meet his eyes head on. A challenge. 

A low growl leaves his chest.

The smile I give him is forced and sharp. A weapon. I'm a monster of a girl. I want him to know that. Nothing that he takes from me will ever be given willingly. 

Two servants appear in front of us, they bow so low they almost touch the ground. 

The wolf king makes a grunt of a nose, and as fast as possible, the double doors are opened by them. 

My bitter smile never leaves my face as I say, "Didn't realize kings couldn't open their own damn doors." A flash of disgust shoots all the way through me. It was obviously a show of power to have someone weaker them him open the doors.