Untitled Part 12

It was not the first time she had seen those eyes. It hit her like bucket of iced water and she froze, her mouth incapable of producing any sound. Her mind was driving her crazy, trying to place Legola's face in a memory, but she was not able to find it. She had seen him before, however she could not remember where or when. He did not seem to recognize her either, and all of her hopes of finally having someone who knew who she was vanished.

"A pleasure to meet you, my Lady." He said politely for she was not able to say anything. She searched into his blue eyes for a hint of recognition, but could find none. However, his eyes were not completely oblivious. He was looking at her strangely, observing her carefully.

"The pleasure is mine, my Lord" She said formally as she took her seat in front of the twins, her green eyes never leaving the sea of blue. She was not sure of how she should address an elven prince. He laughed lightly at her obvious hesitation when speaking.

"Please call me Legolas. There is no need to be formal." He said with a smile before turning his face to the twins again and reassuming his conversation with the one she had learned must be Elrohir.

He looked familiar, but she was not sure of anything anymore. She decided to let go of the matter temporarily, she would think about it later. She was not able to think straight at the moment for all she could feel were Elladan's silver eyes staring intently at her.

He had not addressed her yet; he merely sat in silence, his eyes piercing into her green ones. She wanted to look away but found that she could not do it. She was trapped again in the pool of liquid silver, unable to break the stare. She could not tell if he was angry with her for her behavior the night before. She had, after all, thrown the door on his face. She was only sure of one thing, he was waiting for her to be the first to talk.

She knew that she had behaved rudely, and she realized that she owed him at least one kind word.

"Good morning, Elladan." she said at last, proud of herself for the friendly tone she used.

A grin grew on Elladan's lips as his eyes sparkled with victory. She had been the first to talk. 

"Good morning, Elerrina" He had gotten what he wanted, and she had to remind herself that she would try and be friendly. She could already feel her anger rising at the enjoyment in this silver eyes. He had not been angry with her, he had only wanted her to have the first word. He knew she would feel guilty for being rude.

"Did you sleep well?" she asked. She was tired of him always winning, always able to read her perfectly and predict her reactions.

Now it was her turn to grin. For a split of a second, Elladan looked surprised, his perfect eyebrows raised over surprise filled grey eyes. She had finally managed to catch him out of guard; he had clearly not expected her to be nice, or to continue to talk to him.

However, his reaction only lasted a second. His grin grew wider and his eyes looked at her mischievously, silently communicating to her that he too knew how to play the polite game .

"I slept very well, thank you. I hope you found yourself comfortable last night. I assume you enjoyed sleeping on a bed after many nights in the woods."

Of course he would know how to play the nice part better than her. He sounded lordly, like a host formally welcoming his guests and she wondered how many times he had had to do so in real life. She opened her mouth to answer but was suddenly cut off by someone else.

"Are you enjoying your time in Imladris, Lady Elerrina?" She turned to her right to face the blond prince and had to force her mind to concentrate on his words and not on trying to find a long lost memory.