Speak

Elerrina took a sharp intake of breath as her vision returned to normal. Her mind was thinking way too fast for her to get a concrete hold of her thoughts. Lord Elrond's presence was now completely gone from her mind, and yet she could almost still see the nasty faces hovering over her, their disgusting yellow eyes, the large, black rocks that conformed the landscape, which looked even darker as the twilights stretched into night.

She did not know what had happened, what exactly she had just witnessed, but was only sure of one thing: It had not been a vision; it had been real, and the same darkening blue that painted the sky just outside the window of her chamber proved it. She had been into the Elf-Lord's mind, had seen through his very own eyes.

"Elerrina?" Legolas' voice made her remember his presence in the room as he grabbed her by the shoulder. She turned to face him immediately and could see the reflection of her own wide, scared eyes inside his now worried blue ones. Out of impulsiveness, Elerrina jumped to her feet, her body felt accelerated, as if she needed to act fast.

"What is it? What is wrong? What happened?" Legolas jumped to his feet after her, his voice also accelerated, speaking fast as his eyes looked at her frantically, alert.

"I...I...the orcs...I saw...It..." She opened her mouth to tell him, but her mind was working faster than she could speak, the words all getting mixed before they left her mouth. His eyes kept looking at her intently, worried as he desperately tried to understand what it was that she was trying to say.

"Lord Elrond!" She finally managed to say, that being the only coherent thought she could muster to get his attention. The name made his eyes widen as if somehow he had understood what she tried to say, or at least the urgency of it.

"He what? What about him?" He had both of his hands on her shoulders now, and for a moment she did not really know which of the two seemed more restless.

"I saw him" She answered quickly, feeling as if the fastest she spoke, the fastest they could do something about it. He seemed to be thinking the same thing for he bombarded her with more questions not even a second after.

"You saw him? What do you mean you saw him? What are you talking about? Do you now where he is?"

"I did not see him...I saw.....Where are the twins? And Lord Glorfindel?" She changed the direction of her words, finding that explanations where a waste of time now. She needed to tell the twins and Glorfindel, they would be able to do something.

Legolas did not argue, but instead answered her questions immediately, not asking for explanations. She believed that the urgency in her voice had been enough for him to understand the importance of the matter at hand.

"The twins are in Elrohir's bedroom. I will find Glorfindel and meet you there"

She did not say anything else, did not even wait for him to move before she hurried out of the room. Her feet guided her in long strands among the labyrinth of arched hallways, racing through the very familiar route towards the twin's chambers.

Without bothering to knock, Elerrina quickly opened the fine wooden door that lead directly to the younger twin's bedchamber. She froze at the doorway as two identical figures sitting on the large bed suddenly turned to look at her.

Two equal pairs of silver eyes studied her for a moment, their stares cautious, part surprised and confused for her sudden appearance, and part as if trying to predict her reaction. She had not seen either of the handsome sons of Elrond since her panic attack earlier that day, and judging by the look on their faces they were calculating whether or not she would burst out again.

Her eyes automatically travelled to Elladan, who sat to his twin's left, and felt her insides fill with the peacefulness and wholeness his sole presence gave her. His liquid silver irises were glued to hers, concerned, as he sat still, and she noticed that his right hand gripped his left arm just right below the shoulder, holding it still at his side. He stood up at the sight of her, quickly sensing her restlessness.