Departure

The house seemed to be in a rush as Elerrina absently made her way through the elegant corridors. Elves ran past her every couple of minutes, armed with swords and bows, their long cloaks swirling behind them as they all ran down the corridors and headed out to the main courtyard. She could hear the elves gathering outside the large windows as she made her way up the stairwell, could hear some of them giving orders, horses moving around, but did not turn to look.

She felt absent, detached, as she moved in the opposite direction of the other elves. They would depart in less than half an hour, but it did not feel real to her. Her mind felt as if it had bitterly been awakened from a beautiful dream and refused to accept the reality in which it was now forced to function.

Elladan had escorted her back to her chamber some minutes ago, as he went to change and get ready, but she simply could not stay there. Her nerves had been driving her insane inside the confined space of the empty room. Even Vilya seemed impatient as it glowed dully and whispered incessantly.

She rounded a corner and found the beautiful wooden door that was her destination. It was cracked open, leaving the handsome blond elf occupying the room visible from the exterior. For a moment she questioned her decision to go there, she could not even think of a reason as to why her feet had directed her where she was, and yet she wanted to be there.

Elerrina pushed the door softly with a hand, opening it wider, as her other hand knocked lightly on the wooden frame, informing the occupier of her presence. Legolas turned to look at her, his eyes soft and kind as they found hers. He offered her a smile that reached his infinite blue eyes as he walked to where she stood.

"Are you ready?" he asked her now standing right in front of her.

She did not move, and only smiled back, a faint half-hearted smile. She did not know why she had come seeking him, and now found that she really had nothing to say to him. She had only needed his presence, but now she could not realize why.

She did not know what to answer him. She was not ready. How could she be? She did not even know what to expect. He seemed to understand her hesitation, for he did not press her for an answer but waited patiently for her to speak, or simply stand there silently, whichever she chose.

Part of her knew that she had come looking for him because he was her brother, and she felt that he was the person she was supposed to go when she needed comfort.

And yet, part of her felt that she really had nothing to say to the elf standing in front of her, she did not really know him and they did not share the bond siblings shared.

"No" she whispered softly. He simply nodded his head as he continued to look at her, his eyes kind and comprehensive. For a moment she simply looked at him, painfully aware that it was easier for him to see her as a sister than for her to see him as a brother. Her remembered things she did not.

Legolas looked different now, dressed in travel clothes and not in his usual elegantly embroidered tunics. A long, dark green cloak hung around his shoulders and back and his long, light blond hair had been braided back from his face in the manner of elven warriors. She could see twin daggers strapped at his waist as well as fine bow hanging across his back next to a quiver filled with arrows.

"I am scared" she admitted openly in another whisper. Legolas placed a hand on her shoulder as he offered her another one of his perfect smiles.

"I know" he said in a soft voice as he welcomed her into his infinite sky blue eyes. She remained still, not really having anything else to say. He kept looking at her, rubbing her arm soothingly in silence. Long moments passed but neither of them said a word.