Of Pale Green And Blue

Night had already fallen over the valley of Imladris as Elerrina sat in front of a large mirror inside her chamber. Faelilla was carefully combing through her long golden hair, tying some strands into delicate braids on the back of her head.

"That color looks lovely on you. You will have every single ellon begging for a dance tonight" Aaid Faelilla as she tied the last golden braid and smiled broadly at her.

Elerrina smiled at the silver-haired elf as she studied her image in the mirror. The pale green fabric fell weightlessly around her, softly dancing at the slightest breeze, feeling almost vaporous. The sleeves reached only about a couple of inches bellow her bare shoulders before they fell like long strands of delicate fabric nearly to the floor. The neckline and shoulders were embroidered in sparkling silver thread in delicate patterns. The dress was stunning, and the pale color accompanied perfectly the darker shade of her green eyes.

"This is the finest dress I have seen." She whispered almost to herself, thinking of all the plain linen dresses she had worn many times at home, and the slightly pretty ones she had seen Naeraviel wear every once in a while only for important occasions. Those dresses could not be compared to even the plainest elven-made dress.

Faelilla's smile broadened as she placed her tender hands on the Elerrina's shoulders, the warmth spreading through her skin.

"I must admit it is also one of the most beautiful dresses I too have ever seen" Her morning sky eyes sparkled  as she looked into Elerrina's green ones. Oh, how she loved Faelilla already.

"Thank you, for picking it out for me."

"Oh, but it was not me who picked the dress, my Lady" Said Faelilla as she put the silver comb away. "Lord Elladan picked it himself, as a present for you, of course. He brought it personally to me this morning so that I could bring it to you."

Elerrina felt a smile form on her lips and she raised her eyebrows questioningly at the silver-haired elf. Surprise was clearly written on her big green orbs. He was proving to be a bigger mystery than she had thought. So the dress had been a present. It was hers to keep. 

"But why did he not come bring it to me himself?" She did not know what to think of the situation, but the image of Elladan suddenly appearing on her door with a dress on his hands was both sweet and laughable. Had he not wanted her to know the dress was a present from him? Or had he thought that she would not accept it coming from him?

"He did not tell you?" The sincere smile on Faelilla's lips told her that it was not a question but a statement. "Sometimes, even after centuries, I find myself thinking that I will never understand the workings of the young Lords' minds."

A light knock on the wooden door made the two elves in the room look up from their conversation. Without a word, the silver-haired elf walked towards the door and opened it, Elerrina hastening to smooth any wrinkle from her dress.

"Good evening, my Lord" she heard Faelilla say.

"Good evening to you too, Faelilla"  A too familiar voice answered back from the doorway, and she turned to face the newcomer.

There on the doorway stood Elladan dressed in elegant light blue robes, the same pale shade of his traveling cloak, except the rich fabric seemed to sparkle in silver undertones under the light. The silver embroidery of leaves on the neck and chest brought out the grey color of his eyes, making them gleam with their natural glow. His hair had been combed and braided, the dark strands falling down his shoulders and back contrasting sharply with his pale skin. A delicate silver band rested lightly upon his head and forehead as a symbol of royalty. He looked like the  son of Lord Elrond he was.