Untitled Part 31

The familiar dense forest grew all around her, the golden light filtering scarcely through the thick, green foliage, tracing various patterns on the grass underneath her feet. She looked to the front, eyes expecting what she already knew they would find. The elfling was there, crouching over a large rock, one hand playing absently with the crystal waters of the stream. Again, no sound, no smell, no senses. Only images.

She waited patiently for the light blond elfling to look up only to once again stare into a familiar large pair of innocent blue eyes. He looked at her, his mouth moving to words she could not hear, and then he turned around, little arms swinging at his sides as he ran way from the stream.

The dense forest vanished, blinding white light taking over the shape of trees as they morphed into long, thin columns of an endless hall. The golden haired lady was there, arms open to catch the smiling Legolas as he flung himself to her. Golden hair shone under the bright light as the lady pressed a kiss to her squealing son's forehead. Elerrina only watched, once again caught in the familiar scene, waiting for her presence to be acknowledged.

Another figure came into view, new to the scene she had witnessed before. A tall elf stood beside the golden haired lady, long, light blond hair falling over his shoulders and back, framing the fair features of a pale face. He was dressed in an elegant olive green robe, embroidered in silver and gold, and a delicate silver crown rested atop his head in she shape of leaves. She watched as the regal looking elf slid one arm around the lady's waist, and froze as his face turned to look in her direction.

His features were of the fairest she had ever seen, and his resemblance to Legolas was undeniable, but what struck her the most was the enchanting pair of ice blue eyes that seemed to swallow her into their endless depths, infinite and wise, seeming capable of seeing beyond her eyes and into her thoughts, powerful magic trapped inside his ice blue stare...

Elerrina blinked twice as she abruptly woke up. She was lying on her side on the ground, Elladan's arm wrapped loosely around her middle and her back pressed to his chest. He had stayed. His warm breath fell lightly on the skin of her neck; making small shivers sun down her spine with each breath he took. She did not need to turn around to know he was awake. She turned over in his arms to face him, her green eyes meeting his liquid silver ones instantly. He had not slept this night either; she could see it in his tired eyes.

"How do you feel?" He asked in a soft whisper, his eyes looking worriedly into hers.

"I feel fine" She answered truthfully. The pain inside her head had completely disappeared, and she felt well rested, the loud voice and splitting pain only a memory that remained fresh inside her mind.

Slowly, she sat up on the ground, Elladan imitating her at her side, taking her hand in his and caressing the back of it softly with his thumb. Dawn was breaking above the dense foliage of the forest, the pink light reducing the yellowing color of the leaves to a murky shade of purple. Paying attention to her surroundings for the first time, she noticed that they had not camped on the same place they previously had. They were travelling slower now.

She could see Elrohir sitting on the opposite side of the camp, next to Glorfindel, both elves looking down at the still figure of the Elf-Lord. Some of the elves had already awakened and started to ready their horses, while others remained fast asleep, lying around the ashen remains of the dead fire.

"Has anything changed?" She asked as she turned her gaze to meet his. His silver eyes had not turned away from her, fearful, worried, as if she were made of crystal and were about to fall and shatter in a million pieces.

"No" was his soft reply. She turned her gaze away towards the place where the Elf-Lord lay unconscious. She nearly gasped when Glorfindel's eyes looked up to meet hers, soft blue irises staring at her for a long moment before he stood and started to make his way towards where she sat.