Untitled Part 37

The words floated in the air as Elerrina remained still for some seconds. So many questions flew through her mind she did not know where to start. The deep grey gaze of the Elf-Lord was fixed on her, piercing into her own green eyes, waiting patiently. The twins had gone silent, exchanging looks every once in a while, their silver eyes seeming to speak without words.

"Who am I?" The words left her mouth in a steady, low voice, feeling strange to her, as if the body that pronounced them was detached from her. Lord Elrond's eyes never broke form hers, not even blinked as the question reached his ears.

"You read the letters" He said with a sigh, the words not a question but a statement. Elerrina silently nodded her head in confirmation as deep grey eyes remained fixed on hers.

"I can tell you what I know, but the only one who has the answer to that question is you." The Elf-Lord's grey eyes seemed to trap her, the soft words engraved in the endless orbs as they emphasized what was being spoken. She felt small, a child again, under the wise gaze.

Then everything around her seemed to vanish, as she felt as if she was falling into the depths of the stormy sea eyes, dragged into them with a force she could escape, but she did not try to. The room around her, the twins, Glorfindel, Erestor, disappeared as a new set of images materialized in front of her.

The bright afternoon light filled the elegant interiors of the familiar study. A vivid fire danced in the fireplace, its hot red flames contrasting against the pure white snow that covered the gardens outside the closed windowpanes. Lord Elrond sat by the fire, looking as regal as ever in rich blue formal robes, his gaze lost in the dancing flames.

Another figure waltzed into the room, a Lady. Flowing silver hair framed the beautiful features of her face, cascading down to her waist in gentle waves. A delicate silver band crowned her head, thin silver strands falling from its sides, lacing with some locks of her long hair. Elerrina was sure she had never seen an elf more beautiful in her life. Her weightless white dress swirled around her graceful steps as she approached the Elf-Lord, who seemed oblivious to her presence.

"Meleth?" the Lady said softly, the voice sounding like a sweet song that floated gently in the air.

The Elf-Lord suddenly looked up, his eyes finding the Lady's ice blue ones as a soft smile appeared on his lips. He stood up from the comfortable chair and placed a soft kiss upon the Lady's cheek before walking back to the large oak desk.

"What is on your mind?" asked the Lady as The Lord of Imladris leaned over the desk, his back to her.

"A letter arrived from Mirkwood. Thranduil has a new daughter. They named her Almarëa." He said as he turned around to face the beautiful Lady once more, a soft smile on his face.

"That is wonderful!" came the reply from the Lady as she circled her arms around him, her eyes looking up to his. "Did you send the silver rattle I picked?"

"I did" he said with a light chuckle as he also wrapped his arms around the Lady's small body. "He sends his thanks. It seems the baby loves it already."

A gorgeous smile illuminated the Lady's face for a moment before it disappeared as her soft ice blue eyes stared into the Elf-Lord's grey pair.

"What worries you?" she asked in a low voice and Lord Elrond sighed before answering.

"There is something about the elfling, I just do not know what it is. There is some sort of powerful magic about her. I fear it cannot end well." The Lady tilted her head to the side as she stared back at the dark haired elf, her eyes slightly hinted with confusion.