•ch. 3 inevitable•

The walk back to the office was almost painfully tense, each boy not really knowing what to say to the other. Eventually Ethan couldn't take the atmosphere around them and broke the silence in a quiet voice, "I'm sorry."

Tyler looked down questioningly at the smaller male, "For what?"

Ethan looked up at the taller with an empty face but with something indistinguishable hinting in his eyes, "I shouldn't have been so defensive back there, I just got scared." Ethan instantly regretted the last part of his sentence but he was unable to take it back.

Tyler's eyes widened a bit in surprise and concern, "Scared? Of what?" A bunch of questions ran through Tyler's head as his worry skyrocketed through the roof. Now Tyler knew for certain that something was completely wrong.

An inkling of panic coursed through Ethan's face but he still kept his mostly solid composure, "Forget I said that." Tyler was about to respond until he got got cut off, "Danny?!" Ethan announced when he looked away from Tyler.

Tyler looked in the direction that Ethan was looking and lo and behold Danny was standing in front of the office holding a bouquet of roses. Ethan looked almost conflicted but he went up to his boyfriend and hesitantly gave him a soft kiss on the cheek. "Babe what are you doing here?" He managed to keep his voice steady and almost normal.

"What aren't you happy to see me?" Danny stated sounding playful but anyone with half a brain can tell that he was offended.

Unmistakable fear flashed through the blue haired boy's dull eyes, "No no no, not at all, I just thought you had work today." Ethan willed every muscle in his body to not to start shaking.

Danny handed Ethan the beautiful flowers and flashed him a sinking smile that made Tyler even uneasy, "I did but I thought I'd take the day off and spoil my little baby." Tyler saw Ethan take a deep breath as he opened the front door and held it open for the two guys. Tyler passed by Danny and was met with a burning glare from the slightly shorter but definitely smaller male.

Greeting Mark, Amy, and Kathryn with a hello, Tyler sat at his desk and watched as Ethan placed the flowers down on his desk as Danny came up behind him and whispered something into his ear. Ethan's frame seemed to have stiffen and a slight tremble was seen in his hand. Danny pulled away and Ethan led him to a different room.

Tyler groaned and slumped back into his chair. Kathryn noticed his uneasy look that graced Tyler's face, "Tyler is something wrong?"

Tyler nodded his head, "I'm not sure what it is but something is going on between Ethan and Danny."

Mark snickered not realizing how serious the situation is, "There is, it's called them being in a relationship." Tyler rolled his eyes, "Oh come on, just cause you got a crush on Ethan doesn't-"

Tyler abruptly cut Mark off, "I'm being serious, I have a feeling that Ethan is in danger."

Amy now interested in the conversation leaned in, "What kind of danger? From like Danny?" getting a nod in response Amy continued, "What makes you think that?"

Tyler sighed, "Isn't it so obvious to see that Ethan has changed so much since he met Danny? And he just seems to I don't know be always on edge." The three of them nodded their heads after a moment of thought.

They continued to talk about the situation but stopped when voices from another got louder. One voice was definitely louder than the other as they went back and forth. "Are they arguing?" Mark asked breaking the silence between the four of them. Tyler looked at the closed door in worry as he paid close attention to the sounds radiating from behind the door.

The arguing went on for a few minutes but then was cut off by a loud thump followed by a crash and the sound of glass breaking. The one voice got much louder as another crash was heard. Tyler could not control himself anymore, he jumped from his seat and ran towards the door in a hurry. Before Tyler even touched the handle, the door slammed open revealing a red faced Danny who shoved passed him roughly and stormed out the office. Anger flooded Tyler's system's and he was about to run after the terrible excuse for a human but a small whimper was heard from the room and every ounce of rage drained from him to replaced with disquiet.

Tyler's eyes fell towards the floor as he saw a shaking figure crouched over the remnants of the glass table that was once in the room. Tyler rushed down to Ethan's level and grabbed the boy's frantic hands that were trying to sweep up the glass. The blue haired boy tried to rip himself from the strong grip but it was useless. Looking down at his bloody hands Ethan began to sob brokenly. His breathing became labored and Tyler can clearly see he is having a panic attack.

"Ethan calm down," Tyler's voice was as even as he could make it, "Please, I need you to breath okay?" Tyler pulled Ethan away from the mess of broken glass and let go of his wrists to cup the blue haired boy's cheeks. Tyler tried to ignore the boy's evident flinch and continued to talk to him, "Come on Ethan breath okay? I need you to calm down. Please."

Without much thought Tyler engulfed Ethan into a hug, the smaller boy tried to fight a bit but eventually gave up and went slack. Tyler continued to whisper calming words to Ethan as his breathing began to even out and his heart wasn't beating as frantically as before.

After a few minutes of just staying on the floor, Tyler pulled them both to their feet and picked up Ethan, "Come on baby blue, let's go fix up your hands." Ethan was too exhausted to protest anything so he just let himself be carried away to the bathroom.

Tyler sat the still slightly shaking boy onto the sink counter and then turned around to grab the first aid kit. His years of boy scout training paid off, since he was able to easily bandage Ethan. Stealing glances up at Ethan he noticed the tears that still dripped down the boy's cheeks. The once emerald eyes have seemed to become a dull grey with the slightest hint of green. A millions thoughts ran through the curly haired man but the one that was the most prominent was, what exactly has Ethan through?

Once he finished removing all glass, disinfecting and bandaging the wounds Tyler grabbed the silent boy and brought him to a couch in the office. Placing him down Tyler decided the best thing for Ethan right now was a nap so he can clear his head and hopefully be up to talking to Tyler. Grabbing a few blankets and a pillow from the closet Tyler wrapped Ethan in them so he looked something close to a cocoon. Ethan didn't say anything but he seemed to hum in content. Tyler laid him down and ran a hand through his hair lovingly. He has no idea what came over today but Tyler felt such a strong urge to look after the boy. Tyler looked down to the boy smiled sadly, who would ever want to hurt such an innocent soul. Tyler swallowed his anger and mumbled softly the dozing boy, "Get some rest, when you wake up hopefully we can talk." 

Hey thanks so much for reading and I hope you enjoyed! Feed back is much appreciated    ^-^ And I'll see you in the next chapter, buh bye!