•ch. 6 facade•

Friday came sooner than Ethan thought which made him on edge and a bit skittish. In all honesty he was terrified because it was the start of the first weekend Ethan got to spend with his friends and not with Danny. Somewhere in the back of his mind, a voice was screaming at Ethan that he needed to go back to Danny because the thing was Danny was familiar. No matter how fucked up it was, the relationship and dynamics were something Ethan was used to. So for him now to suddenly be free of that and be able to make his own decisions all the while independent, it was something short of intimidating.

The office was quiet as everyone began to finish up their work for the week. Ethan was the first to finish and was now sitting on the floor playing with Chica. Tyler looked over at the boy lovingly as a fond smile played on his lips. He shut his computer down and approached Eth slowly as to not startle him. No matter how careful he was Ethan still flinched slightly as Tyler crouched down next to him and began to pet Chica.

"So huh what are we doing tonight?" Ethan asked unsurely while barely making eye contact with Tyler. He was getting better at it but Tyler knew Ethan was still weary of looking people in the eyes for too long.

"How about we go to the dine in theater and see Beauty and The Beast?" Tyler suggested warmth bursted through his chest once Ethan's lips curled into a shy smile, "I know how much you love their milkshakes."

A blush rose to Ethan's cheeks and the rose pink contrasted oddly with the now fading bruises that were a sickly yellow. Ethan only wore makeup when he was filming now a days but since it was friday Ethan allowed his face to breath for once.

Tyler smiled warmly again and lifted his head to look around the room at everyone else, "Would anyone like to join us?" Tyler inquired, secretly hoping they couldn't.

"Sorry can't, I promise Sean I'd skype him." Mark said, he couldn't help but smirk.

"Amy? Kathryn?" Tyler turned to the two girls who were next to each other giggling up a storm.

"Sorry but Amy and I are gonna have a sleepover." Kathryn responded while Amy tried to contain her giggles, "But you two have fun."

Tyler shook his head at their childish behavior and turned his attention back to Ethan, "Alright then just the two of us." The blush on Ethan's face became more prominent but Tyler pretended not to notice.
Soon after everyone cleared from the office but not without saying goodbye and promises to hang out over the weekend. The drive to the theater was uneventful, they just talked and listened to music.

Once they got to the theater Ethan seemed to have become more less on edge and actually seemed to be happy. They made inside and Tyler bought both their tickets but not without a lot of protesting from Ethan. For a friday night the showing room was pretty empty. They quickly found their seats and got comfortable on the cushiony seats. The seats weren't really chairs it was more so a couch that had small table that pivoted from the arm rest.

"I'm so excited." Ethan gushed while looking over the menu, "Definitely getting the vanilla milkshake how 'bout you?"

Tyler smiled at how excited Ethan was, "Probably gonna get a long island icetea. You wanna share a popcorn?"

Ethan nodded happily, "Duuuhh of course." At this point Ethan was practically beaming for the first time in awhile which made Tyler overjoyed.

"Imma run to the bathroom before the movie starts." Ethan announced making Tyler look at him.

"You want me to come with?" Tyler asked setting down the menu.

Ethan waved him off as he stood up, "Nah order the food I'll be back in a sec." Tyler nodded hesitantly. He hated the thought of Ethan going on his own but he tried to reassure himself that if anything would happen Ethan would be smart enough to tell Tyler.