•ch. 8 nobody except for you•

The next morning for the first time in awhile Ethan didn't get startled awake from a nightmare. His breathing was not rigid nor was heart pounding in his ear. He finally woke up calm and refreshed. Shifting slightly in bed Ethan's eyebrows furrowed together when he realized there was no one next time. The spot where Tyler was sleeping was still radiating a bit warmth. Ethan immediately missed that heat that wrapped around him during the night and made him feel safe. He missed Tyler.

Ethan sighed and pushed himself off the bed trying not to think much into why Tyler left. Negative thoughts tried to worm their way into his thoughts and raise panic within the poor boy but Ethan was strong enough not to listen to them this time. The blue boy grabbed a throw blanket from his bed and wrapped himself in it trying to contain as much warmth as he could. Shuffling out of his room Ethan made his way towards the kitchen. Once he made it close enough the scent of food being cooked hit his nose and made his stomach rumble. Drifting towards the kitchen Ethan found himself standing in the doorway and staring at the sight of Tyler flipping pancakes and frying some eggs.

"Damn, smells good," Ethan complemented, stepping into the room and making himself be known.

Tyler jumped slightly, "Holy shit Ethan you scared me." letting out a joyous laugh.

Ethan chuckled as he got near the taller male, "Sorry," Peering over the pan Ethan saw a few pancakes cooking, "So are all these for you, or are you gonna share?"

"Obviously they are for me," Tyler joked but felt bad when Ethan's smile faltered, "I'm just joking Eth, of course their for the both of us." Ethan's smile came back slightly but he didn't say anything as he pulled out a chair and rested his head on his hand. Tyler turned back to him and noticed he seemed to be deep in thought, "Whatcha thinkin 'bout?" He flipped another pancake.

"Nothing important." Ethan said seeming to want to say more but holding himself back.

"You sure?" Tyler questioned grabbing the now cooked food and bringing it over to table, "Cause even if you don't think it's important you can still tell me if you want. I'm always up for convo with you." Tyler flashed him a genuine smile that made Ethan's heart melt.

"Just thinking 'bout last night." Ethan grabbed a few pancakes and began to eat once he put syrup on them.

"What about last night?" Tyler asked once he got his own food.

"Just I'm really sorry for waking you," Ethan bit his lip but forced himself to continue, "And I'm really sorry for throwing my problems on you. And I'm sorry for forcing you to stay last night. I'm sorry." It was easy to tell Ethan was getting himself worked up.

"You didn't force me to do anything." Tyler said reassuringly, "And you sure as hell don't need to apologize for telling me how you feel or for what happened." His voice held so much confidence.

"Why?" Ethan asked looking at Tyler sadly.

"Why what Eth?" Tyler's voice was as ginger as ever.

"Why do you care so much about me?" Ethan asked as a few tears whelmed in his eyes, "Why haven't you turned on me?"

"Why would I ever turn on you Eth? Why would I not care." Tyler challenged softly.

"Because I'm fucking pathetic Tyler, I'm fucking weak." Ethan shouted more so to himself than at Tyler, "I can't do shit on my own and I rely too much on you."

"Ethan-" Tyler tried to protest but he was cut off.

"No Tyler I am. Don't even try to argue it because it's true!" Tears flowed freely from Ethan's eyes as he got up from his seat and paced around the room. "I couldn't even defend myself with Danny, I am fucking weak."